tw@t on a motorbike

Porgy
Porgy Posts: 4,525
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Time to vent my spleen so to speak.

On the way in this morning there was a little van driving along and stopping to empty the bins along the roadside. I was locked into a overtake, then be overtaken sort of scenario all the way between Woolwich and Charlton.

As the van was pulling in and the guys were getting out, back in then pulling out with a certain amount of regularity - and as I was overtaking usually - I was giving it a wide berth - about the van door length and a bit.

At charlton I did this - hardly any traffic unusually - but as I was about to pull back in heard a phutting noise - looked behind and a bloke on a silly looking motorbike was coming up behind me so I stuck my left arm out - it was obvious I was pulling back in to any idiot but even after I signalled he kept coming, passed me on the inside preventing me from pulling back and then when I complained he slammed his brakes on in front of me and I nearly hit him.

He then went on a rant about me being "in the middle of the road" - I suppose I could gone round on the pavement or got off and walk - but how did this tw@t expect me to overtake a van with blokes getting in and out without being out well intot he road.

BTW - though this bloke was riding a motorbike he didn;t seem to be able to get above 25 mph. He was far too big for it, and wearing shades on a dull day. :lol:
rant over.

Comments

• benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Bet he thought he was a cool dude too - you've gotta laugh :lol:

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Did they have 'L's on ?

Sounds like someone who has only done a CBT - assuming they were driving / displaying the correct legal signs for their driving licence.

As a cyclist turned back turned cyclist it makes my blood boil. Luckily I don't get this sort of thing on my commute - just plenty of four wheel idiots.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    not this chap was it? :shock:
    fatguyonbike.jpg
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    merkin wrote:
    not this chap was it? :shock:
    fatguyonbike.jpg

Doesnt he usually ride with his brother? :shock:
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Doesnt he usually ride with his brother? Shocked
    No you are thinking of this family.
    familyonmotorcycleherat.jpg
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There is a motorcyclist I've seen around Bristol quite often and the wheels on his motorbike can be no more than 16" dia. Good for the chase and trying to bunnyhop on a roadbike :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    I got undertaken by an idiot on a hairdyer (with a pillion) when I was overtaking a parked car - very similar circumstances. Madness because if I hadn't clocked him all three of us would have hit the deck. Of course it got him no further than the next red light.

As to the motorcyclist who reversed into my bike, then denied it, then tried to ride off, then rammed me when I blocked him at some lights......
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I had a motorcyclist INR to me today, first time ever. They aren't all bad :)
  • Porgy
    Aidy wrote:
    I had a motorcyclist INR to me today, first time ever. They aren't all bad :)

INR? :?
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Porgy wrote:

acronyms.

(Impercetible Nod of Recognition)
  • Porgy
    Aidy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

acronyms.

(Impercetible Nod of Recognition)

thanks

My attitude is - if someone's too lazy to type the whole phrase out then I'll be too lazy to look it up.