Ransom 20 shock mudguard

philscott
philscott Posts: 13
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I've just bought a Ransom 20 (carbon) and I've got it really dirty first time out, has anyone made (or bought) a mudguard to protect the equaliser shock? Its seems an expensive bit of kit to leave it to all the sh1t around at the moment.
philscott

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    i have a genius, i use a innertube attatched to the bottom tubes, to the top tube and the shock itself. (or i use my hardtail)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I'll have a go with an old inner tube and I'll dig out the Gary Fisher Big Sur for a few more months
    philscott
  • My bro's got an 07 Ransom. He made one out of a crud-catcher. He cut it down to about half length and then cable-tied it straight to the shock with the rubber flappy bit facing backwards so it can flex as you move through the bikes travel.
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • I'll have a dig around in the garage, I've got a spare front mudguard I could cut down so I'll give it a try. Its p1ssing down again so it will be the Gary F tomorrow night on the North Downs

Scott Ransom 20 (Carbon)
    Cannondale Rush (Carbon)
    Gary Fisher Big Sur (Pig Iron!)
    philscott
  • I used the tail end of a crud catcher downtube guard and just used one of the normal rubber band fitments to attach. Took a couple of attempts to get the right length but works great and is almost unoticeable. Even if you don't have one a new one only costs £10.
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89