700x23 tyres

2»

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    The Bontrager race lite hard case tyres that came with my fixie - which i had to put back on when my Ultremos delaminated - have been very hard wearing, no punctures in over 1000 miles and they barely look cut up. They're not light, or pretty, but they do the commuting job.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    biondino wrote:
    The Bontrager race lite hard case tyres that came with my fixie - which i had to put back on when my Ultremos delaminated - have been very hard wearing, no punctures in over 1000 miles and they barely look cut up. They're not light, or pretty, but they do the commuting job.

Think I'll go for these next time, and they are light compared to marathon plus. They. Even come in 28 and 32, ideal for the Tricross.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ectomorph wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    I am on my second set of Michelin Krylion Carbons,

First set lasted about a year and a half before starting to puncture.

The current set i put on in September 09. - £20 from CRC

Have had 4 punctures so far. (always wet roads)

Don't like em now.

Today ,the road was very wet, i thought, I wonder if i will get a puncture, Sure enough half way to work, Glass straight through into the tube...

I've got Michelin Krylion Carbons (25c) on now, they do seem to cut up fairly easy.

Hmm, so it's not just me then. These are the new (post Oct 09) Krylions, right? Wet roads, country lanes, got four p****ures in 300 miles (practically one every other ride) and they're cutting up quite bad. A pity as the ride quality is superb.

Had a very similar experience with my two sets of Krylions (06/08, I think, although I wasn't doing as much riding back then). They're marketed as a good training tyre, but, I got fed up with getting flats in the wet and then getting cold. And I'm not training if I'm replacing a tube, so I didn't think they were great training tyres.

The Durano Pluses aren't the lightest, but they're not the heaviest, and I've been happy with the ride quality in both the wet and dry, so they're perfect for training around the local park or on the commute. They've been well worth the investment. I prefer them to both 23mm and 25mm Gatorskins, too. I've had sidewall issues with both sets of 25mms Gatorskins and won't be buying them again.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."