Not too pleased with Stif.com

Danlube
Danlube Posts: 454
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I have had good service from them before so don't turn this into a stif hate thread :wink:

Just want to vent out my anger about them not sorting out an order for me, it's a pair of 661 filter shoes. Placed the order last weekend...recieved no emails from them...no phone calls...no money has left my account...no sign of a postman/woman!

Contacted them today and awaiting reply. Stif have ruined my day today, planned to go riding on my new trials bike, now I gotta go out on my old naff shoes with no grip argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Usually try to buy what i need from work or crc, but on this occassion only stif had my size. Not a happy bunny today :(

Feel better now, a bit.
Kona Tanuki Deluxe

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dont forget that last weekend was their big opening do... could have easily been over looked.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Danlube
    The new store? but surely the web orders would have stacked up ready for when they return to the office.
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • I tried my 661 filters in this weather and lets just say they'll be back out in summer!
  • Danlube
    I tried my 661 filters in this weather and lets just say they'll be back out in summer!

Where did you buy them from?
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • Chain reaction mate. Got them in october last year though. The black ones.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    I have many issues with Stiff, late postage would be the least.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • You don't sound like a happy person!
  • I tried my 661 filters in this weather and lets just say they'll be back out in summer!
    Might as well throw 'em out then..... :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Hahaha.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    I tried my 661 filters in this weather and lets just say they'll be back out in summer!

I've got the trainers , now all i need is major global warming and a severe climate shift
    :lol:
  • biff55 wrote:

I've got the trainers , now all i need is major global warming and a severe climate shift
    :lol:
    Even if that happens, you live in Blackpool, so you'll either drown when the ice-bergs melt and raise the level of the sea, or you'll choke momentarily before, on the turds floating in from the beach...

:lol::lol::lol:

Just throw 'em out. Save yourself some space :wink::lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • I've got this feeling if either of us say we're throwing them out there will be someone scooting round outside the house looking for what's been discarded... :lol:
  • Danlube
    Stif promptly got back to me, they contacted the supplier to see when they can expect delivery, so obviously stif were out of stock. Being dispatched to me tommorow, they say....
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • Although Stif moved shop recently, their internet business (and warehouse) has been operational from their new site for some time (as I understand it), so I doubt the problem was anything to do with the new shop opening.
  • I ordered a new workshop stand at christmas and the one they sent me looked like they had been using it in theirs for months, it had huge scratches all over it, mud and grease. I actually couldnt believe anyone would have that much cheek as to send it in the first place it was that bad. I phoned them and they were very good, they apologised and sent me a replacement straight away along with a pretty cool fox tshirt as a good will gesture. I think id use them again just because they were that good once i phoned them, i wish all companies aftersale was that efficient.
    Its not the pace of life that bothers me, its the sudden stop at the end!!
  • hyperman
    hyperman Posts: 232
    I ordered a new workshop stand at christmas and the one they sent me looked like they had been using it in theirs for months, it had huge scratches all over it, mud and grease. I actually couldnt believe anyone would have that much cheek as to send it in the first place it was that bad. I phoned them and they were very good, they apologised and sent me a replacement straight away along with a pretty cool fox tshirt as a good will gesture. I think id use them again just because they were that good once i phoned them, i wish all companies aftersale was that efficient.

how does that make them any good? they tried to rob you by sending you a badly used item, doesn't matter what they did to rectify the problem, the fact remains that someone from that shop wrapped a second hand item that you paid good money for and sent it to you knowing full well what they were doing..
  • scandalousg
    scandalousg Posts: 121
    edited February 2010
    That would make me want to use them less!
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    That would make me want to use them less! That shows that they tried to get away with something but didn't.

How do you know it didn't come from the manufacturer in that state?
  • It's a good point, so i've edited my statement accordingly.
  • Danlube
    Danlube wrote:
    Stif promptly got back to me, they contacted the supplier to see when they can expect delivery, so obviously stif were out of stock. Being dispatched to me tommorow, they say....

I take that statement back, no money has left my acc and no sign of a delivery. Been nearly two weeks, going riding tommorow/friday/saturday and the shoes had better bloomin arrived by then :x

Damn you CRC for not having my size, If I knew Stif were out of stock I would have waited the two week with CRC :cry:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Never bought from Stif online however have visited the shop a few times, bought my Pace from there. Only bike shop to offer a brew while you wait! that'l do for me! 8)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Danlube
    They are yet to offer me a brew whilst I wait for my delivery to turn up...
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    scale20 wrote:
    Never bought from Stif online however have visited the shop a few times, bought my Pace from there. Only bike shop to offer a brew while you wait! that'l do for me! 8)

My LBS (which I rarely use tbh) has now got a 'reading area' with a load of bike mags, coffee machine and sofas.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    So have mine, still waiting for the offer of a brew though :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Danlube
    Well I just E-mailed Stif asking them to cancel my order, found a pair of size 43 at Wiggle. One size too big but should be okay. :lol:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe