Something finally going right?

NGale
NGale Posts: 1,866
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
after a totally s***e week something finally seems to be going right.

Been accepted on the HNC Marine Engineering course I applied for back in September. Not even had an interview.

Result :D

sorry had to share that useless information :wink:
Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congratulations!!

Er, what does a marine engineer actually do? :?
  • Mends fish.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Ooo!

As an electronic engineer about to skip out into teaching, I wish I'd gone into the marine side of things (being a bit of a water baby, loving the sea, and escaping off on tallships when I get the time)!

As an old biology teacher said: "Marine biology is good because you get to work by the sea, and the sea's nice." - I imagine the same goes for the engineering :D

Enjoy!

And for CW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_engineering
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Cafewanda
    Thanks SJ. All I can say is 'wow' :shock:

Ballspondroad, :P
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I'm almost tempted to become a marine engineer just so I can describe myself as a fish mender, now.
  • Cafewanda
    All I could think of was you putting together fried cod that had broken in half in the chippie :shock:

To be fair I've just quaffed a large glass of rose on a not completely full stomach, so I doubt I'm making much sense :oops:
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Wow sounds like a really good course, I did environmental biology at uni and wish i'd continued along that road into consultancy etc..I guess I could do an MSC but am firmly embedded in the world of broadcast news footage for now.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Hey cool congratulations!

Both my sons are in their 3rd year of a Marine Engineering course in South Shields - they're really enjoying it!

All the best with it.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Congratulations!!

Er, what does a marine engineer actually do? :?

basically anything from the fixing engines and naval architecture (boat design and building) right through to working on such projects as the Wave Hub. It's one of those jobs which you can work on land or at sea

I'm interested in the fixing and naval architecture side of things at the moment but that could change :)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men