Whinlatter North Loop. Awesome. Will Be Back!

wordy1979
wordy1979 Posts: 96
edited February 2010 in Routes
Me and two of my friends have been to Whinlatter today and done all three trails, blue north and south. I have to say they where all good but the north was quality.
I was wonderin, there where some people taken pics on the north loop when we went steaming past. If anybody knows who they are please post me. Would love to buy some pics....... We will by back very soon. :lol:
YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE. . . . LIVE IT!

Comments

• gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    off up tomorrow cant wait.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    awesome place, so much fun.
    especially the old loop DH, spent more time in the air than on the ground
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • What were the conditions like guys...?
    We were thinking off a trip up to scotland this weekend, and maybe taking in Whinlatter to split up the long drive from bham
    Weather permitting
    Couple of 5 spots, a hummer and a handjob.....
  • Was clear last week and fully open.. and the warning signs for snow/ice had been removed from the trail heads. Was good on Sat morning

Was some light snow high up there monday night but it was just a light covering and it wasnt icy and rode well

Anyway Cyclewise update the conditions here: http://www.cyclewise.co.uk/

The southern Stanes are also clear - Ae/Newcastleton/Dalbeatie/Mabie/Kirroughtree.
    Glentress and Innerlithen have ice and snow. I think Kielder is also clear but id check
    their site.
  • All three routes have good aspects, they definitely make for a good few hours of cycling.