Orange contact email address?

scandalousg
scandalousg Posts: 121
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

Is anyone able to provide me with email addresses for Orange, SRAM (of Fisher who I believe distribute Avid brakes) please? I've some issues I want to take up with them all!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    your first point of contact is with the place that sold you the bike/parts.

orange and fisher have contact info on their sites if you dont get a response from the seller.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I've looked on their websites but could only find phone numbers or addresses.

I know I need to take some points up with the shop that sold me the bike but I also have a few points that I want to speak to Orange about and feel it best going to them directly.

My wanting to get hold of fisher is because they are the ones dealing with my parts at the moment.
  • +1 to what Nick said, the shop are the ones that should be helping you out, but if you really need to speak to Orange you can contact them on: sales@orangebikes.co.uk
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What are the issues - can we help?
  • The things I want to speak to Orange about are just questions/suggestions:

The seat clamp that comes with Orange's is rubbish, this seems to be general knowledge (after discussions with two LBS's and on a different forum) so why do they not change it?

If I look up my bike on their website I can buy it with better rims and better tyres than come with the bike from the shops, why is this? (I've had trouble with the tyres that came fitted with the bike and have had to change them)

My question to Fisher is about the service i'm having with them over faulty brakes. I don't want to shed them in a bad light on here until I know the full story from their end.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    edited February 2010
    Are you actually having a laugh? you're complaining that you had to change your tyres? Mate, most mtbers change their tyres a couple of times a year at least! They're not mind readers, they don't know where you're going to be riding the bike. Also you didn't necessarily get the current model, maybe your dealer put different tyres/rims on, i don't know, but tyres is a really silly thing to complain about as most people change the stock tyres when they buy a bike anyway i imagine, i always do.

And the reason you didn't get the upgrades is that you didn't ask for them. Helps to do your research before, not after. And the stock seat clamp and finishing kit is never that good, buy a hope one if you're that bothered.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • nicklouse
    also bike specs all the time.
    Prices and Specifications are liable to change without notice.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Ilovedirt, I'm not complaining to them about the tyres merely asking a question, and I may have put the wrong point across. I didn't mean I can upgrade them online whereas i couldn't/didn't in the shop. The standard ones are different direct from them than from a dealer, it's merely a question. I'm more than happy to change tyres if they don't suit my needs, but would not think that naturally i'll need to change them as soon as i buy the bike.

As for the seat clamp, I would think coming from a company point of view that feedback/suggestions are essential. If something is wrong then they can look at it and fix it. If people don't say anything nothing changes. You state that the finishing kit is never that good, why would a company finish off a quality product with something they just threw on? I've already a hope one on order by the way :)

nicklouse, fair point.
  • supersonic
    Direct is always cheaper - there is no shop at the end to take a cut. But that shop may well be worth it to some buyers ie service, testing etc.

Orange direct do have a custom spec service.

Dunno if your hope clamp will be any better.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    supersonic wrote:
    Orange direct do have a custom spec service.
    You can order any of the custom specs through any Orange dealer, I did with my 1st Orange 5, upgraded the forks & brake hoses to braided when I bought the bike from Stif back in '06

scandalousg

Not had any issues with my 2 Orange seatpost clamps, what problems are you having?

The wheelset in a LBS will be the same as online, the LBS gets the bikes direct from Orange, unless the spec has changed as Nicklouse pointed out.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • supersonic
    Some shops do seem to sell single spec only though (as in the G2, G3 - but as you say, possible they have the speccing option)

If that is not the case it certainly isn't made clear at the dealer.
  • nicklouse
    and if the bike was already in stock it may have had parts swapped out and over.

hence why your warranty agreement is with the seller
  • Andy_B, I find that the seat clamp isn't holding it in place and moves when riding. It graduly goes down when I'm sitting and when i'm up out of the pedalling I often move the seat to one side with my legs. I'm no giant monster with thighs like adonis either!

supersonic, I'm going with the Hope after speaking to the guys in the LBS where my bike is at the moment and also after reading discussions on other forums where they have worked for other people. If it works then i'll be happy as a pig in s*it :D. I'm looking forward to having my bike back and ridable this weekend.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    but would not think that naturally i'll need to change them as soon as i buy the bike.
    As i said, the folk at orange don't know what type of riding you're going to be doing and where you're going to be doing it, they're not mind readers.

And you got a cheaper seat clamp because you didn't order the hope finishing kit. I would imagine though that there's too much grease on your seatpost, i did it once before, put some grease on to weatherproof it, turned out to be way too much and it kept slipping. Wiped the majority off and it's fine. It wasn't to do with the seat clamp.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Seat clamp? Still using the standard and never had an issue with it????

It either clamps or it doesn't??????
    Craig Rogers