Another EPO positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ratti-t ... ve-for-epo

From the ashes of LPR rises another team who seen to hand out the EPO like sweets.
According to Steven Farrands tweet, Ratti was a member of an association for extremely religious athletes. Perhaps someone offered him jesus juice?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Yes.
    All these EPO positives amongst the lower tier teams.
    They simply must stop using the stuff and use more of their budgets for a
    better quality product, like the top boys.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    According to Steven Farrands tweet, Ratti was a member of an association for extremely religious athletes. Perhaps someone offered him jesus juice?

This is a pretty stupid comment. Also being religious has nothing to do with the likelihood of drug taking.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72

This is a pretty stupid comment. Also being religious has nothing to do with the likelihood of drug taking.

No, but there is a certain irony of a person who makes a big deal about their faith being bust for effectively stealing.
  • iainf72 wrote:

You would have thought that someone who claims to be extremely religious would be less likely to cheat. I'm not big on religion but surely cheating isn't part of the masterplan?
  • iainf72

You would have thought that someone who claims to be extremely religious would be less likely to cheat. I'm not big on religion but surely cheating isn't part of the masterplan?

I could be cheeky and suggest perhaps they'd be more easily led :wink:
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Remember that Floyd, too, was easily led...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I don't think Floyd was/is personally very religious despite his family and background.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Neither do I, I just think he/others used it - in a 'Floyd wouldn't do anything wrong, his religion would not allow it'...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    That's true. "Mennonites don't cheat" etc.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • You would have thought that someone who claims to be extremely religious would be less likely to cheat.

Or like someone else who claimed to be breastfeeding, perhaps it was part of a smokescreen.