You know spring is here when??

Neillyy
Neillyy Posts: 15
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
I saw some green shoots sticking out the ground this afternoon, no lie!

My toes were stilll numb and but I did arrive home in the daylight. I can almost smell the summer!

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Yep, looking forward to summer now. :D Winter always outstays it's welcome by mid feb doesn't it? Particularly as we don't seem to have had a really good summer with long dry spells for a few years.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    It's been a good winter - plenty of snow round here for Climbing and Ski-ing - even getting the MTB out was great fun.

However, when I don't need the lights on the bike to commute - that's when winter is over!

-Spider-
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    ... when I don't have to make myself air-tight and seal off the cold, cold outside world to ride my bike comfortably :D
  • You know spring is here when Durham's first county championship match is abandoned due to snow.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • lol at the durham county match post :P
  • When the re-built floor pump is over there? :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    When the cold i have had since Christmas finally goes away ?
    FCN 3/5/9
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    When you see cyclists other than the die hard roadies cycling around. They seem to have started coming out from hibernation this month.
  • When the Helle Hansen top gets consigned to the drawer until winter.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    When I get the clippers out and shear off my winter haircut. *bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    When the feeling returns to my toes?
    :lol: @ the floor pump comment
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    "Truck Day!" when the Boston Red Sox equipment truck leave Fenway Park for the spring training facility in Florida.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    when itboffin comes home and destroys the stats league, the 1000 mile month will be MINE! :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • It's going to get to a balmy -2C on Thursday! Wonderful :) Downside is that it'll probably snow.

It'll be spring when I damn well say it is, and not before.