A big reason to have a camera on your bike or helmet

MadammeMarie
MadammeMarie Posts: 621
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/isle_of_man/8510264.stm

Hit and run = remove driving license FOR EVER!

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Hit and run is common - had it myself..... side swiped by a transit, but had video's been invented then, shot would be side of van in view, bang, air, road, bang, air, get up van legged it. I apparently did a good impression of superman.

I use one now for 'insurance' just in case.
  • Dosent surprise me tbh. That bit there is on the TT course and some cars come along there like they are tying to do a hot lap.
    Part of my commute runs along the course and I've lost count of the number of times I've been buzzed by nobbers going much too fast driving much too close.
    If you're looking to hit the apex that's cool with me, but if you could avoid doing it when I'm riding there it'd be greatly appreciated. kthxbye :D
    It must be said though, with congestion being less of a problem here, I generally find commuting to be relatively stress free, just another rural commute.
  • fossyant wrote:
    Hit and run is common - had it myself..... side swiped by a transit, but had video's been invented then, shot would be side of van in view, bang, air, road, bang, air, get up van legged it. I apparently did a good impression of superman.

I use one now for 'insurance' just in case.

Well, it shouldn't be bloody common! YOu hit somebody with 5 tons of metal and you don't even check the damage? What kind of person does that? That's why I think that those hit and runners out there should have the license removed for ever!!!!
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    My SD card fell out of mine following my accident in January, I still am unable to remember what happened, drives me crazy at times, 99% sure it was down to ice BUT there is still that 1% in me that thinks.....!

So I agree that we really should all wear cameras, that said, use tape on your card slot, if its a muvi :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.