tour of qatar stage 6 spoiler

stefrees
stefrees Posts: 137
edited February 2010 in Pro race
group of 4 clear 32k left 3 mins ahead, terpstra (milram) ben e king (trek the aussie) gretsch (htc) kohler (bmc)

sprint i think it'll be. im going for ebh if sky can get a decent lead out. anyone but boonen

Comments

• 14km. 1.10

Last stage
    Contador is the Greatest
  • And there are LOADS of supporters : )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • stefrees
    And there are LOADS of supporters : )

i reckon at least 20.

cervelo doing a lot of work as a saur sojasun, casper anyone?
  • 7km 25 secs
    Contador is the Greatest
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    6km and 20 seconds.

Won't last!

Bos for the sprint I recon! (he's my dark horse at least)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Sky on the front.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • teagar
    SKy are leading it out very early - been all on the front at 5km to go.
  • lol the QS boys took out the Sky train too easily
    Contador is the Greatest
  • teagar
    Boonen looks well placed @ 2km
  • serious speed from Garmin geezers
    Contador is the Greatest
  • teagar
    Bennati wins - Boonen kicked too early.
  • 112 - not Bennati
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Chichi. Some finish, he came up on the left of the road and make the others look slow.
  • stefrees
    chicchi so much quicker than everyone else.sky went too early. garmin and cervelo dont seem to have a clue how to organise a lead out.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    To be honest all 3 or 4 lead out trains that tried to form made a mess of it. They looked more like they just wanted to mess up the Sky lead out rather than actually set up their own riders. Great finish though. Nice to see some scenery on the race for a change too instead of something that resembled a Spanish construction site :lol:
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Ah yes, once again Chichi does exactly as his name suggests!!!
  • teagar
    :oops: Chichi it is...
  • Pocket Rocket
    Pocket Rocket Posts: 47
    edited February 2010
    That was amazing! He went past everyone like they were standing still!
    The boy done good 8)

Great enthusiasm with the win celebration too! :)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I thought this sh1tfest was over! I find the Tour of Poland more interesting.

Good to see Chicchi take a win though.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    That was an awesome sprint from Chicchi and good work Wouter Mol, really pleased for him, that's a big win for him and Vacansoleil who are always good value. Looking forward to seeing Hoogerland go for it in the mountains again this year, hope they make the Tour.
  • Pross
    Timoid. wrote:
    I thought this sh1tfest was over! I find the Tour of Poland more interesting.

Good to see Chicchi take a win though.

To be fair there's been some good racing but it's not inspiring to watch the bunch traipse through a giant sand pit with no other living soul in sight day after day.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Pross wrote:
    it's not inspiring to watch the bunch traipse through a giant sand pit with no other living soul in sight day after day.
    The Qataris are paying a small fortune to put this race on, I'm not sure they are getting the positive publicity they want...
  • Pross
    They don't exactly show off their country as a rival to Dubai do they? Today's stage had some pleasant scenery but the other days I've seen were in the most barren far flung areas I've seen in a sporting event. :lol:
  • corona
    corona Posts: 116
    Qatar countryside is exactly the same as that is UAE, flat and sandy, I quite like it, ok so theres no hills, but the wind usually makes for an interesting cycle. I love the tour, I managed a 10 minute chat with Wiggins before Tuesdays stage. Today heard teams talking about the race about 5 mins after the race finished. There is an amazing lack of security, you can go up and chat to any of the cyclists, some are not interested but many happy to chat and I got great pic of me with my bike and boys with Boonen.
  • Post race from chicci he said he had to
    go round the longer outside route to win but this shielded him fom teneind allowing him to breeze past as it were. He also commented how fast sky were pushing te peloton, perhaps the tactic was to put other teams under some pressure, think Sunderland commented had ebh been at his best it would have worked
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Didn't think it was a bad race to be honest. Some sprint by Chicchi today - the way he came past the rest was something else - is he likely to ride the Giro or Tour ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Didn't think it was a bad race to be honest. Some sprint by Chicchi today - the way he came past the rest was something else - is he likely to ride the Giro or Tour ?
    He'll be burned out by then :D
    so many cols,so little time!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Eurosport is shixxt.
    I recorded it on sky+ and got 15 minutes of tennis at the start and the end was not recorded !!
    Any lins to you tube for funish? I ould not find one.