Should Il P go travelling?

2»

Comments

• gabriel959 wrote:

Spain them has them all covered and I am not banging on about it. :lol:

Don't think that's quite true, does Spain have Glaciers, Fjords, true unspoilt wilderness (Fiordland), active Volcanoes, Hot Sulphourus pools and a mountain as glorious as Mount Taranaki?
    4351371558_0c7a7e9f90.jpg

I admit Spain has a lot of things going for it (surfing, snow boarding, great wine, world class walking) but it's not really a patch on NZ (NZ has them all too).

And no snakes or poisonous spiders, what's not to like?
    26km each way commute on a Decathlon Comp 1 2006 Road Bike

2009 Communting Totals - Car 112 miles Bike 2,765 miles
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Who i ll P?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Oh yes! I am very sure :)

Where do you think all the spaguetti westerns were filmed? :)

desierto.jpg

2008091923302017_Desierto%20Almeria%20(20%20of%2026).jpg

Almeria's dessert

World Heritage Site in La Gomera - Laurisilva / Garajonay subtropical forest
    cedro.jpg

bosque.jpg

Skiing - lots and lots, Granada, Navacerrada, Picos de Europa, Pyrenees.

2nd Highest country in Europe - 45 ski stations

Baqueira
    230443.jpg

Sierra Nevada
    Sierra_Nevada_Espa%C3%B1a_(Spain)_10.JPG
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Well, I stand corrected!

Trouble is, it's full of spaniards.

:P
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,373
    Il P = Il Principe?

If so,no he shouldn't be travelling.

He should be at home making babies with his partner

Sorry

Couldn't keep a straight face

Of course the answer is yes.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gabriel959 wrote:

]

Hmmm does the Canary Islands count? they are not really part of Spain? at least from a holiday sense.
    26km each way commute on a Decathlon Comp 1 2006 Road Bike

2009 Communting Totals - Car 112 miles Bike 2,765 miles
  • iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    Should you go and see New Zealand? Has Katie Price ever had plastic surgery?

Both equally stupid questions with obvious answers :wink:

Make sure you do at least one of the bungees, Kawarau bridge is great fun :twisted:

that's queenstown right? pic of me doing that ^ great 'little' bungy that, lots of fun and I went for a wet jump

You must out of your tree. Why the feck would you jump off a bridge? (I did some sky diving in Motueka. Looking back at the DVD, I quite clearly cr@pped myself when the guy opened door and I was told I would be first out.)

Clever Pun, yup thats the Queentown one, I think Queenstown has 3 out of the 4 in the country!

cjcp, you just have to, I'm scared of heights and wasn't very graceful on the platform but when you get dunked in the river below and fly back up realising your alive, its one hell of a buzz, not sure I could do the Nevis jump though, 143metres or something and 8 second freefall. :shock:

Pop over to Normandy, the same guys (AJ Hackett) have a bungy over there. I did it for my 30th and somehow (Gods knows how) managed to keep my head together enough to complete a spectacular thumbs up as I came back over the top. (70 mtrs that one... and I did the dunk)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mattybain wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

]

Hmmm does the Canary Islands count? they are not really part of Spain? at least from a holiday sense.

Wait.......... was Gabriel including the canaries?

Oh I take it back. In that case, the UK has all of those things. What? We totally own Australia.
  • gabriel959
    mattybain wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Spain them has them all covered and I am not banging on about it. :lol:

Don't think that's quite true, does Spain have Glaciers, Fjords, true unspoilt wilderness (Fiordland), active Volcanoes, Hot Sulphourus pools and a mountain as glorious as Mount Taranaki?
    4351371558_0c7a7e9f90.jpg

I admit Spain has a lot of things going for it (surfing, snow boarding, great wine, world class walking) but it's not really a patch on NZ (NZ has them all too).

And no snakes or poisonous spiders, what's not to like?

I think you are quite mistaken, but don't hold a grudge man! I am not trying to say Spain is better! :)

Spain's glaciers are very small and of course going to disappear soon but lets not forget the ones that are still left are still there!

[img]http://www.ciencias.ies-bezmiliana.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/glaciar español.jpg[/img]

2972444122_2d38e79f3c.jpg

21 still there!

There are no fiord per se but there are Rias, generated by the sea instead of the glaciers :)

2616544094_d3bbe668d5.jpg

Volcano's - you are joking aren't you?

The canaries still got a few active (last eruption 1980)

800px-Teide_and_Caldera_2006.jpg

Unspoilt wilderness - well they've got wolfs, bears, eagles in here

Urriellu.JPG

You win on the sulphurous pools though!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    mattybain wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

]

Well, I was born in Tenerife mate, are you trying to say I am not Spanish :evil: :twisted: :lol:

No worries man, anyway I would really like to go to Oz and New Zealand more than I would to Spain - I would probably love to live in New Zealand, away from it all, not many people living there and kick ass scenery!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

Make sure you do at least one of the bungees, Kawarau bridge is great fun :twisted:

that's queenstown right? pic of me doing that ^ great 'little' bungy that, lots of fun and I went for a wet jump

You must out of your tree. Why the feck would you jump off a bridge? (I did some sky diving in Motueka. Looking back at the DVD, I quite clearly cr@pped myself when the guy opened door and I was told I would be first out.)

Clever Pun, yup thats the Queentown one, I think Queenstown has 3 out of the 4 in the country!

cjcp, you just have to, I'm scared of heights and wasn't very graceful on the platform but when you get dunked in the river below and fly back up realising your alive, its one hell of a buzz, not sure I could do the Nevis jump though, 143metres or something and 8 second freefall. :shock:

I've done the Bloukrantz bridge in South africa (highest fixed in the world) it was my first jump

if you look closely you can see the line and me at the end of it
    full_stretch.jpg
    fucking terrifying but awesome, it's about the same height as canary wharf tower
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

I've done the Bloukrantz bridge in South africa (highest fixed in the world) it was my first jump

full_stretch.jpg
    ******* terrifying but awesome, it's about the same height as canary wharf tower

CP, I did that jump too, last April. I got to the edge of the platform, looked down and burst into tears. Despite lots of very kind encouragement from the guys up there I bottled it.

They sent me to the bar to have a few tequilas and I did the last jump of the day.

I won't be doing that or any other jump ever again.

The worst bit wasn't the freefall, I enjoyed that, it was the bouncing around, convinced the strapping was sliding up over my ankles and feet that reduced me to my second bout of tears of the day.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Love that pic of Mt. Taranaki - makes me homesick as I was standing on top of it a month ago.. NZ is great for the sheer variety of scenery in a compact area, thanks to it's north-south layout. Chile is similarly blessed, has a proper desert and even better red wine :P Having travelled a lot, my top three countries to visit would be:

* Colombia
    * Brasil
    * Peru

I met some mad guys who were cycling from the US to the bottom of South America. Crossing the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia to Chile they realised that they couldn't carry enough food & water to make it to the end in time, so instead they took the water and a big bag of coca leaves.. it worked for them ;)

PS - the one country with pretty much every natural feature? Gotta be the US of A.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Coriander wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

full_stretch.jpg
    ******* terrifying but awesome, it's about the same height as canary wharf tower

CP, I did that jump too, last April. I got to the edge of the platform, looked down and burst into tears. Despite lots of very kind encouragement from the guys up there I bottled it.

They sent me to the bar to have a few tequilas and I did the last jump of the day.

I won't be doing that or any other jump ever again.

The worst bit wasn't the freefall, I enjoyed that, it was the bouncing around, convinced the strapping was sliding up over my ankles and feet that reduced me to my second bout of tears of the day.

:lol: Well done!! you're right the first fall wasn't as bad it was being up and nearly the same height and doing it all again.. being brought back up scared me the most I think. did you jump out properly or flop out and get horrifically flicked about?

I went great white shark diving the next day after dreaming about falling all damned night
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I went great white shark diving the next day after dreaming about falling all damned night

:shock: What, the, hell, Is wrong with you? :lol:

I did this instead (much more civilised):

4351541475_01c146e09b_m.jpg
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Did this, too! (Tongariro Nat. Park)

5896ab970469e3200a26647207ee9650.JPG
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    (who voted no?).

Me. Seemed a bit of a pointless poll, so I thought I'd be contrary. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • gabriel959
    Well, I stand corrected!

Trouble is, it's full of spaniards.

:P

That is true though! :)

But you live in London don't you ... that place IS full of spaniards! :lol:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x