Brechfa gets a Cafe (by those who brought you the Drop-Off)

Soul Boy
Soul Boy Posts: 359
edited February 2010 in MTB general
So this is what they've been up to...

http://brainfood.howies.co.uk/2010/02/brechfa-bus/

8)

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it sounds awsome doesn't it :D i'm off to brechfa next month can't wait for the riding even more now
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Haven't rode that area yet, but read and heard great things. This may just swing it to get my mate to drive the extra miles..
  • welshkev
    make a long weekend of it start at brechfa, then do afan and then finally cwmcarn on your way back through :D
  • Sad part to this story it is because the lease is up on the drop off cafe, and it looks like the bike shop owner below is going to get tenecy to bring both places under the same managment apparently
  • welshkev
    yeah but i never stop at the cafe at glyncorrwg cos my mate lives 5 mins down the road - his bacon sandwiches are cheaper :D
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Good news!! Brechfa used to be my local trail and the only down side was the lack of a cafe (the pub in Abergorlech always seemed to have odd opening hours). Shame it's only a weekend thing but traffic in the week has always been pretty low - I remember days without seeing another rider!
  • I saw the bus there last weekend, didn't actually realise it was a cafe :shock:

Good news though!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    AH, another place for Orange and Yeti owners to line up their bikes and look down their noses at others ;-)
  • is it a grey double decker? (if so i saw it last week at Glyncorrwg?)
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Hold up ... I read today in MBR the owner had managed to use a act of some kind to secure the cafe lease for another year ?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Finally managed to get over to Brechfa this weekend, having been meaning to for ages. We rode the Raven trail, linking it up with Gorlech in the middle and it was absolutely superb. The descents on Raven especially are a riot - loads of big, steep walled berms and plenty of rocks and jumps. There was a lot of snow about, which really slowed some of the climbs and meant you couldn't really let rip on some of the downs and it was very wet and muddy. Luckily we were back just in time for Ian to look after us with big slices of cake and hot drinks in the bus - it's basic, but it's just enough to set you up for the drive home and the service is great. :D

I think the fact there's so little there in the way of facilities will mean it's a bit quieter for the time being, so I'd recommend making the most of it!