Lunchtime city rides

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
The city as in london

does anyone have any suggestions for routes at lunch, just a few miles 10ish? as there's only so much time available

any quieter areas? or a nice loop that isn't complete carnage. I'm toying with wapping or maybe a loop round the isle of dogs

My circuits class on a thursday has been canceled and since I'll have already done the upper body weights wise I'm at a loss as what to do.

Thanks in advance
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I'm at a loss as what to do.

Rest :wink: .

Wapping High Street is cobbled in sections, but quiet compared to the rest of town.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Wapping High Street is cobbled in sections, but quiet compared to the rest of town.

yup I'd go for the coffee + bun option to be honest.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

yeah I know about the cobbles and would avoid like the plague

out for lunch today but there is a nice 8.5 mile loop around docklands I might try at somepoint... maybe not 'nice' but you know
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Clever Pun wrote:
    The city as in london

does anyone have any suggestions for routes at lunch, just a few miles 10ish? as there's only so much time available

any quieter areas? or a nice loop that isn't complete carnage. I'm toying with wapping or maybe a loop round the isle of dogs

My circuits class on a thursday has been canceled and since I'll have already done the upper body weights wise I'm at a loss as what to do.

Thanks in advance

Embankment to Parliament Square- Bird cage Walk, Constitution hill & into Hyde Park - laps round there- then back via Constitution Hill, The Mall, Embankment etc
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Regents Park?
  • Victoria Park? I don't know if you can ride bikes in there but it might be worth investigating...