my classified advert has vanished lol

I posted an advert in the road bike and bits for sale section about 2 hours ago and it has miraculously vanished into thin air ! did i post it incorrectly or something? cheers, ta.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Possibly! Did you read the rules first? All posts need to have pictures and a price or the mods will delete them.
  • i took too much time to post the pics i forgot to put the bloody price in !!!!! lololol hells bells !
  • Mine has just gone too.

No photos, although I can email them at anytime to anyone as put in the advert.

WHAT???????????????????

Not had this on any forum before, why do we have to join upto a photo hosting site to sell some items??
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ivantate wrote:
    Mine has just gone too.

No photos, although I can email them at anytime to anyone as put in the advert.

WHAT???????????????????

Not had this on any forum before, why do we have to join upto a photo hosting site to sell some items??

so you did not read the forum rules?

if you have the pictures host them and post them

it makes it safer for everyone. would you really want to be giving your mail addy out any Tom Dick or Harriet?
    who knows what it might get used for.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • This is ridiculous, i have never joined a hosting site, and don't intend to, and I either then have to give someone the password to view, or alternatively show the world my pics? I only want to show people who want to see them - the people who ask.

Email addresses can't get used for much - possibly a bit of spam but these are all filtered out these days in mail. This will put people right off advertising and contributing to the forums.

If people don't want to give their email address out they can split it in half and post two separate messages, or put gaps in the middle etc etc - its not a problem. Most people don't care that they're sending their email address out to someone who is a geniune forum user - this can be seen by the number of posts that user has made and in which sections.

And are you going to screen it so that if I have 10 items for sale, but only 9 pics are showing on the host sight my ad is removed? You'll spend hours trailing through hosting sites looking at peoples pictures to make sure they are all there?

Its a crazy idea.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    You can put pictures of only the for sale items on the hosting account you use, and no need for a password. Having to ask for pictures is a pain in the neck, so maybe help your buyers? You do want their money after all.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bhodgkiss wrote:
    This is ridiculous, i have never joined a hosting site, and don't intend to, and I either then have to give someone the password to view, or alternatively show the world my pics? I only want to show people who want to see them - the people who ask.

Your ignorance and stubborn headedness astounds me.
  • this is a light hearted, open debate, so please don't get personal...
    we're all entitled to our opinions.