Very disappointed about Lapierre's delivery time...

Devastazione
Devastazione Posts: 280
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Man,it's been 2 months since I've placed a deposit on my X control 910. It was supposed to be delivered today but the dealer has no idea when the actual delivery will be . He said probably march..... :cry: Due to my job I will have to park the bike for good from april until october,then in october we will be in model 2011 time already....how happy could I be about that ?? I sholud have go for a Scott Genius instead,2 weeks delivery and 450 Euro cheaper...
Well....better stick around with my trusted front for a while.... :(
Is it the same in the UK aswell ?? Lapierre just entered the italian market but man.....3 months is just outrageous..
Specialized Tarmac Sworks
Canyon Spectral 8.9

Comments

• possible due to them being inanely popular bikes!!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • arcing
    arcing Posts: 57
    I've had the same problem. I gave up in the end and canned my order. The line I was fed by hotlines is that Lapierre have been swamped in orders and are apparently struggling to keep up.
  • my lbs are lapierre dealers and the amount of models sold out of all stock is very high, Hardly any zesty's left in the 'affordable' bracket, think 714's and 914's are okay but the 714's are selling quickly!!!
    they've had a Big explosion in fanbase since the reviews have been so good!
    not trying to make excuses, but just maybe that theyy have become so pupular that they just cant keep up! (think fiat and the 500! september earliest for one at the mo! mainly due to BSM having a massive order but they are Super popular!)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    well the LBS i work is trying to get some stock but it looks like we're gonna have to wait till 2011 now :( i was looking forward to a cheaper zesty as well :(
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Makes me glad I bought the bike I did, at least I wont have the same bike as everyone else it seems ;)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I recomend the genius! bleeding good bikes but do like the zesty too, especially the carbon one very pretty.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Briggo wrote:
    Makes me glad I bought the bike I did, at least I wont have the same bike as everyone else it seems ;)

Think the point is they are that popular you cant get hold of one...meaning there's gonna be a few knocking about.. wouldnt mind one myself though...
  • i know how u feel i've been waiting over 4 months for my new 2010 giant glory it was meant to be here a weeek ago and still nothing
  • Get an Orange they are normally in stock.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    bigdavep wrote:
    Briggo wrote:

Think the point is they are that popular you cant get hold of one...meaning there's gonna be a few knocking about.. wouldnt mind one myself though...

You mean to say that due to high demand they are popular? No wai!

Thats exactly the point of my post, there will be loads about so I wont have the same as everyone elses...

:roll:
  • jono986
    jono986 Posts: 103
    I ordered my zesty 314 at the begining of December I was told originally it would be ready middle to the end of January... still not got it, but had a phone call yesterday from the shop stating that Hotlines had just had a delivery of them and would be dispatching them ASAP mine should be ready by next weekend..... all being well :roll:

Not holding my breath though.
  • jono986
    jono986 Posts: 103
    Mines arrived picked it up today :D now to baptise it .... Lee Quarry tomorrow me thinks.