Random Whiteout...

Kiblams
Kiblams Posts: 2,423
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
So the sun was shining and I was sat in the office looking forward to the nice fast ride home...

5 minutes later and god has dumped a crap load of snow on the ground outside, for a few minutes I could barely see the cars parked right outside :shock:

So not I have a lovely slow (and slippery) fun ride home on my slick tyres :D

Anyone else been caught out like this today?

Comments

• Where the hell in Derbyshire are you?

We're on the Notts / Derbys border and all we've seen is as much as I have dandruff on my shoulders

and I use Head and Shoulders so there is none! :evil:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kiblams
    I work on the Pride Park estate, itis all melting now after covering everything! Might be OK to ride home fast afterall :D

I was kind of looking forward to a snow ride though :lol:
  • You are kidding!

Worked just behind Pride Park until we moved over to Ruddington. I'm going to have check with people left back over there now :? :shock:

Oooooh.... looking out the window in that direction, there is one hell of a black cloud coming this way....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kiblams
    That was it! expect some lovely white dust soon :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Had the same here at lunchtime in Bicester. Blazing sunshine, followed by an ominous black cloud looming from over the way then a huge white-out, now back to blazing sunshine. No sign of that there snow now and the sky's as clear as a bell from where I sit..
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    A few dandruffy flakes here in Liverpool, beneath the blue skies and sunshine. Go figure.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hmm. Fair amount of snow coming down by Tower Bridge. Bumski.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I'm between Tower Bridge and Monument, say some about 5 mins ago but it seems to have stopped. Going to leave in about 20 mins so hope it stays off.

Whereabouts are you cjcp?
  • 5 miles left of my commute home and I got dumped on big time (Upminster).
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Got a thin covering here in Birmingham. Riding home was alright, just made sure to stay off the white stuff.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Whiteout this pm - most of it gone now - more to come I think - be careful tomorrow morning folks
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Canny Jock wrote:
    I'm between Tower Bridge and Monument, say some about 5 mins ago but it seems to have stopped. Going to leave in about 20 mins so hope it stays off.

Whereabouts are you cjcp?

Sorry, just spotted this.

In St Katharine's Dock. Decided to get changed while it was coming down. Roads were dry by Blackfriars. What the...?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."