Tour of Qatar Stage 4 **(Spoiler)**

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,869
edited February 2010 in Pro race
For some reason I found the battle for the front of the peloton in the last 7km scary..

decent scrap
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    "At the final roundabout Bennati gave me an incredible hand and I set off with 300 meters to go"

Tut tut, minute's penalty for that man.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Not much 'spoiling' in this thread!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Paulie W wrote:

Chicchi won and camels outnumbered spectators by 3 to 1 :wink:
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    afx237vi wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Chicchi won and camels outnumbered spectators by 3 to 1 :wink:

Thanks, now I feel truly spoiled!!
  • "Chicchi does exactly what his name suggestes"

??
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,572
    what exactly are sky doing?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82 wrote:

They probably have a cunning plan.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    They don't have a sprinter so I can only guess that Sky can only hope to put EBH towards the front to keep him in contention in case something happens in the final 1000m and he gets a gap. But this also puts him in harm's way. Given the number of injuries already you'd think they'd be wrapping Wiggins and EBH in cotton wool?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wiggins seems more than content to sit at the back and "avoid the shitfight", as he puts it. Unfortunately "the shitfight" is sometimes aka "the race".

PS I watched the end of the stage with my dad today and he also noticed the "Chicchi does exactly what his name suggests" comment :lol:
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I put "Chicchi" into Babelfish and it translates as "Chicchi". So there you have it.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    gsk82 wrote:

Appeared to have been baulked by a police motorbike in the last 4km today according to Russ Downing in Cylcing Weekly:

"There was a plan to take Edvald [seventeenth on the stage] up with four kms to go, but there was a police motorbike or something in the way and we all got dislodged a bit."

The previous stage from what I could see they were coming up the outside of the peloton only for Columbia-HTC to do the same around Sky. Without having got as far up as they wanted to both trains then seemed to find themselves on the wrong side of the peloton going into a big turn and disappeared backwards as a result losing position.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    Kléber wrote:
    They don't have a sprinter so I can only guess that Sky can only hope to put EBH towards the front to keep him in contention in case something happens in the final 1000m and he gets a gap. But this also puts him in harm's way. Given the number of injuries already you'd think they'd be wrapping Wiggins and EBH in cotton wool?

probably for the best they have little to gain and a lot to lose...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm