New bike fever!!!!!

Rich158
Rich158 Posts: 2,348
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
That's right I have new bike fever, having recently placed an order for a Condor Acciaio and having received the Cyclescheme voucher I'm now itching to get hold of it, damn the three week build time :twisted:

The MTB is also being replaced, and having now e-bayed my old frame and forks I'm waiting for my new Commencal Supreme DH WC frame to arrive so I can start building it :lol:

Sorry to crow about my new purchases, but it's not fair, I'm impatient :roll: , and I want my new bikes :cry::cry::cry:
pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2

Comments

• Three weeks build time? Unbearable!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I hate you :roll:

Show-off :(

Don't forget to post the pics :D
  • Rich158
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I hate you :roll:

Show-off :(

Don't forget to post the pics :D

Totally :wink:

I am feeling the need to scream in anticipation, and I'm not sure my work colleagues understand, they already think I'm a bit odd arriving in lycra every morning :shock:

I might do a build series for the MTB, now I wonder which crucial part I have forgotten to order that'll stop me completeing the build :oops:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    3 weeks? Why so long?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Roastie wrote:
    3 weeks? Why so long?
    Remember Condor have to factor in a lot of 'standing around looking cool' tasks into their Gantt chart... ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    I work next door do mercian and they build one bike per day, per frame builder.

theres still a waiting list though...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    Roastie wrote:
    3 weeks? Why so long?
    Remember Condor have to factor in a lot of 'standing around looking cool' tasks into their Gantt chart... ;)

a queue essentially
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Rich158 wrote:
    damn the three week build time :twisted:

My custom Ti frame (from the now defunct Setavento) was ordered in early Oct '06
    I was hoping the frame might turn up for my birthday at the end of Nov
    Then maybe over Xmas
    Then for my first PBP qualifier in Jan
    Then I was promised it for the end of Feb
    It reached the LBS in early March
    The LBS then messed about for a month or so not getting the campag rear mech
    It was ready to ride early April. So that's 6 months

3 weeks is nothing
  • Rich158
    vorsprung wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    damn the three week build time :twisted:

My custom Ti frame (from the now defunct Setavento) was ordered in early Oct '06
    I was hoping the frame might turn up for my birthday at the end of Nov
    Then maybe over Xmas
    Then for my first PBP qualifier in Jan
    Then I was promised it for the end of Feb
    It reached the LBS in early March
    The LBS then messed about for a month or so not getting the campag rear mech
    It was ready to ride early April. So that's 6 months

3 weeks is nothing

I know, people have waited a lot longer for much nicer carbon steeds. How they did it I'll never know :shock:

I can't even use the excuse that as one of the playstation generation I have a short attention span and want everything now. I'm one of the ZX Spectrum generation so should be used to waiting ages, and then facing the inevitable disapointment as everything crashes at the last possibel moment :twisted:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Three weeks! You lucky git - Condor's waiting times seem to have come down quite a bit. When they replaced (under warranty) my Fratello frame last Summer, it was Autumn before the new bike turned up. Almost three months from dropping off the broken-framed bike to picking up the shiny new bike. That was a long, painful wait.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.