A new method of avoiding dope tests

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Schedule your training sessions nearby some manky bogs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... ended.html

Alright, it didn't work, but top marks for an excuse we haven't heard before.

Comments

• It was the budgies wot did it. honest guv :D
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    At the risk of being sexist, when did this ever bother a man?

A female athlete I could just about think "Well, yes, you have a point, I won't want to sit on that mingin' loo seat either" but the male of the species tend to stand up and sprinkle everywhere anyway. They can't help themselves. They relieve themselves in woods all the time. A drug test is a drug test- they all know what missing one means.

And why didn't they ask the testers to walk with them to more pleasing loos anyway if they were such sensitive souls?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I think there were some reports of George Michael being present in the Toilets to hold athlete's equipment. 8)
    "Lets go outside...."

IMG_2745.jpg
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Tusher
    :D

Never thought about that one!

(thinks-never actually been in a gents toilet either. Possibly they are always spotlessly clean, with posies of flowers by the washbasins and no graffiti.)
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Tusher wrote:
    At the risk of being sexist, when did this ever bother a man?

A female athlete I could just about think "Well, yes, you have a point, I won't want to sit on that mingin' loo seat either" but the male of the species tend to stand up and sprinkle everywhere anyway. They can't help themselves. They relieve themselves in woods all the time. A drug test is a drug test- they all know what missing one means.

I have many male friends people who absolutely refuse to use a public toilet for anything other than a quick pee, i know one guy who took a £40 taxi trip home and back so he could use his own facilities during a night out :lol:

Tusher wrote:
    And why didn't they ask the testers to walk with them to more pleasing loos anyway if they were such sensitive souls?

the same could be said of the testers, why didn't they ask the athletes to do this ?
  • Tusher
    Agreed.

If the loos were so ghastly, then you would think that there would be some airbourne hygiene/contamination issue with transferring the urine from the jug/pot/bottle into the universal containers for the labs. And the testers wouldn't want their briefcase/rucksack resting on the presumably filthy floor.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    No disrepect to anyone from Newham (as my username confirms I'm a West Ham supporter), but these guys are from Newham. I'd imagine most public loos or loos at a training centre in Loughborough are cleaner than most in Newham - and probably cleaner than some people loos at home!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    deal wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    I have many male friends people who absolutely refuse to use a public toilet for anything other than a quick pee, i know one guy who took a £40 taxi trip home and back so he could use his own facilities during a night out :lol:

Really ? I know some public toilets are pretty manky but ffs what do they think is likely to happen to them. If I knew someone that paid for a taxi for that it'd cost them £40 and 40 years of having the p-i-s-s ripped out of them for doing it.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    deal wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Really ? I know some public toilets are pretty manky but ffs what do they think is likely to happen to them. If I knew someone that paid for a taxi for that it'd cost them £40 and 40 years of having the p-i-s-s ripped out of them for doing it.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Probably a Banker?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Why did the article mention Capes? What does he have to do with it? He was there, that's a great fact but not important. Feck me these papers cannot write an article.

If the guy told the girl NOT to take the test then he would have been charged.

Obviously these chix are super stoopid. They deserve the bans they get. Simple as.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    Why did the article mention Capes? What does he have to do with it? He was there, that's a great fact but not important. Feck me these papers cannot write an article.

If the guy told the girl NOT to take the test then he would have been charged.

Obviously these chix are super stoopid. They deserve the bans they get. Simple as.

He's their coach. That's pertinent, surely.

Chix? :roll:
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    The situation may have PANned out like this clip below-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCViJ143YI4&feature=related

-Jerry

PS- The clip does contain some swearing but it posh swearing so it is thought to be ok.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Never been to the loos in the training facilities, but if they were asked to use the loos in the Students Union it would be understandable :lol:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe someone had left the toilet seat up and wound up those ladees ?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    They are both guys though, right?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Yes, Kelly is the surname of a man with the first name Kieren. The other one is called Jamie.