Wiggle - out of stock.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Anyone bought something from wiggle thats been out of stock?

Seen few bits but theyre all out, but theyre cheap!

Do they pull through in a reasonable time or is it a case of winstanley-esque failness? :lol:

Comments

• tjwood
    tjwood Posts: 328
    Can take a while, or it can be really quick, just depends. Their estimates are somewhat guesses though. Often if they've got a long leadtime it means the UK distributor is out of stock and waiting for a container to arrive from the far east or wherever.
    They don't charge you till they dispatch so if you don't mind waiting and the chance it may never arrive then no harm in ordering.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I tried to get an Exposure handlebar switch and they just cancelled the order after 30 days with just an email to tell me it was cancelled. I then had to chase up for the money to be returned. Not very impressed when they are normally pretty good to deal with.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Don't Wiggle just say stock normally in in 2-7 days. Never order anything from Wiggle if it's out of stock. CRC often give more realistic estimates of leadtimes, even then I've had stuff take a long time to arrive, with a couple of re-estimates of expected delivery. Trouble is it's often the UK importer that is out of stock as well and it can vary from importer to importer as to how long it will be before more stock hits the UK. Had loads of problems last year trying to get some Maxxis tyres.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • bugger.

think i'll email them then!
  • hmm. just checked the site.
    What I ordered is in stock but my order from sunday hasn't been processed.

I'll give em a cal toorrow lunch if the status hasn't changed i think!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    That might be a good idea, thinking about it I had a problem like that a while ago, they sent me the worng item, sent it back, the thing I wanted was out of stock but even when it came back into stock I still had to kick them before they despacthed it. Don't use Wiggle much anymore.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result