Source of replacement Trek Fuel EX8 2009 Shock Mount Parts

kitcat
kitcat Posts: 9
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
As the title says really, where can I source spare parts for my Trek Fuel EX8 2009.

The rear shock top mount has some play in it and the mounting bushes require replacing.

Does anyone know where I can source these parts from, ideally online.

Please don't say tell me to take my bike to a Trek dealer, that is all I ever here from Trek when I ask them a question.

Cheers

Kevin

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is the shock?

Mojo or TF.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Its a Fox Float RP2, though I suspect the mounts will be custom made by Trek.

I guess what I am asking is, are there any dealers who sell Trek spare parts online or am I going to have to go to a Trek dealer and get them to order the parts for me.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mojo for Fox. and maybe Betd have some uprated bits.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Mojo for Fox. and maybe Betd have some uprated bits.

Cheers NickLouise, they are just up the road from me so will give them a shout.

Kevin
  • Hey

I'm currently looking to replace the bush kit on my RP2 shock for my Trek ex8. I'm currently out of the country so can't measure the size of the bushings. What size did you use for your RP2 for your trek?? I'm currently looking on MOJO.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Look on BETD, they have a fitment guide.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools