need a new waterbottle?

gaz047
gaz047 Posts: 601
edited February 2010 in MTB general
good evening, not the deal of the century, but if your after a new waterbottle (oooohhh!) why not try one of these

http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/sportsnutr ... very%20Box

not bad for £5. the bottle would cost you £4!!
you also get month worth of vitamins and omega fish oil tablets
energy bar (if you get the chocolate one, these are very tasty)
protein bar
2x energy drink sachets
1x recovery drink sachet
and an energy gel

just thought i'd share that with you
gaz
if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
Stick your 'rules' up your a%se

Comments

• Yeah, the energy gel is good, but FOUL.

I got the caffinated one.

Oh my GOD that stuff works. It's like strapping a turbo to your face, lol. Serously. I did the 'Are You Tough Enough' 6hour MTB enduro in the summer last year, and my fastest lap was my last (after having one of them gels).

They are disgusting though - horrible and bitter - you NEED a drink to take with it. And the consistancy is like... well... come :lol: Same colour too.... :shock: :lol:

But lord, do they ever work...!!!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The recovery drink is spectacularily horrible :lol: But still, it's a good deal.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • gaz047
    :lol: they don't sound very nice!! :lol:
    got a good boost of the normal one, so can imagine their like rocket fuel.
    i've tried the sis one with caffeine and that tastes like crap too, wonder if its a caffeine thing!
    gaz
  • gaz047
    northwind - know what you mean, could have done with a proper shaker too. loads of bits
    gaz
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Oh well, I'll give em a go for £5 ;)
  • Northwind wrote:
    The recovery drink is spectacularily horrible :lol: But still, it's a good deal.

Yup, worst recovery gel I ever tasted. The gels taste like the Devil's jockstrap, but OMG they do work well.
    IMO the energy bars probably consume more Kilojoules to chew than the provide
  • I can only describe squeezing an energy gel into you mouth as what it must feel like to take shot of jizz. Its rank.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I've given up on energy gels (settled on Clif shot blocks for now), but that does look like a good deal.
  • Thanks for the heads up, for £5 i'll do it just for the bottle. Shame it's only 1 per household, I'd like 2 identical bottles but guess I'll survive :)
  • fermion

You got a post-ofice at work......? :wink:

Mums house / friends / girl friend...? LOADSA places :P
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • fermion

You got a post-ofice at work......? :wink:

Mums house / friends / girl friend...? LOADSA places :P
    Yep, think I may just do this!

Anyone know how longer the offer is valid for? If it doesn't end very soon I will wait till this one arrives to have a look at it before ordering another one to different address...
  • the ZV gels have earned the nickname of camelspunk round here!!

so far i've had 3 boxes. might order another soon...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • Hitby
    Hitby Posts: 218
    thanks for posting this - a good offer!
  • This crops up periodically on the weirdo, er, I mean roadie side of the BikeRadar forums.

I think it's more road-orientated, but it's good stuff.

Still, I use Torq powders for energy, and

BSN Syntha 6 Protein Powder for recovery - which, for the record, is the NICEST I have ever tasted. All the flavours are good, but the ''Vanilla Ice Cream'' and ''Cookies and Cream'' are RIDICULOUSLY delicious.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • gaz047
    :lol: i can see the general feeling is they taste crap, some interesting descriptions, harsh but fair :lol:

raymondavalon- have you tried the chocolate bars mmmmmm
    ghill - those blocks seem to get a good review, how do they taste?
    fermion - don't know how long it is on for, but as chaz says, give a mate a fiver and your sorted for number 2
    no worries for the heads up
    gaz
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I can only describe squeezing an energy gel into you mouth as what it must feel like to take shot of jizz. Its rank.

This crops up periodically on the weirdo, er, I mean roadie side of the BikeRadar forums.

hAHAHA Oh lads, quality. Just quality :lol:

And thanks, ive just ordered a couple 8)
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    gaz047 wrote:
    ghill - those blocks seem to get a good review, how do they taste?

Not too bad. They're not like guzzling opal fruits (yes, I know) but some of the best for energy snacks IMO (few different flavours). You really need a sip of water with them as they're are very very chewy.

Oh, and watch your teeth if it's cold outside.
  • gaz047
    chaz- funnily enough i got the heads up from a mate who had been on the cycling plus (iirc) website and found the link there.
    must say i've sampled the torq (orange) and that went down well. as for cookies and cream protein, i'd probably overdose on that!!! (bit of a sweet tooth)
  • Gel is pretty nasty stuff and the descriptions on here have made me chuckle.

Having said that, I've ordered one and will get another delivered to my parents :) .
  • gaz047
    ghill - cool, cheers for the tip
    meta55matt - no worries
    lawson- thats the spirit. i know i've been caught chuckling to myself at some of the descriptions
  • The BSN protein is SO much nicer than the SiS (very gritty, and gloopy - wall paper-paste like) recovery powder, the Torq recovery powders seem very.. zingy. The 'Chocolate Orange' flavour is certainly an aquired taste. While not bad, I struggle to drink enough to receive any real benefits of having it.

I can't recommend the BSN protein supplements enough. They really are awesome. And come in LOADS of tasty flavours. They mix really well, nice and smooth, and watery, not thick and gloopy, and you don't use milk!! Just water :D

Also, protein bars - super handy to take out on the trail, so you can smash one down half way (if a long route and protein shake after) or just at the end, as it's easier than mixing up protein powders. I like the Met RX protein bars - big enough to fill a hole after a beasting session, but not so massive to feel bloated. The mixed boxes from the 'States are the best option - get to try all the flavours, but I like the 'Chocolate Roasted Peanut' flavour best. Mmmmmmm 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • gaz047
    chaz- i've tried the sis psp22 and go (found the go quality, especially on summer enduros) but not the rego.
    i've not really bothered with protein bars in the past, but i had my free one after a swimming session last week and that kept me going till i got home for scoff. i bet the protein shake at the end of that lunatic run you did was xxxxl, well done again
  • Haha, thanks. I didn't have one, as I couldn't transport my shaker, lol. Stupid motorbike :lol:

I did however have a few protein bars. This is where they come in reeeeally handy - small, no mess, and easy.

If you're mates have the Rego, I'd try theirs before you get it, it's not great. But honestly, if you do want a protein recovery powder (it's not aerobic sports specific, but it has carbs and a load of protein - perfect) I recommend trying a tub of the BSN stuff.

Certainly not Met RX - might be tons better on paper, but by GOD that stuff is VILE. I'd rather stab my eyes with aids-ridden crack-whore needles while lying naked, face down on burning hot coals and acid.... :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Personally I've never used any of these mixed proteins powders, I've got 100% pure unflavoured whey which i mix with hot chocolate powder and milk. I'll normally take carbs separately either in the form of a bar/snack or a drink.