That's cheating! (SCR content)

JonEdwards
JonEdwards Posts: 452
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
..So by accident I ended up taking part in Friday PM's Giro d'Embankment...

All fine, in a twiddling like a tw@t kinda way, did my bit on the front etc.

However we got to the bit coming up to Albert Bridge, just when the traffic starts to get really thick and you start to see who can *ride* a bike and who is merely fit, when maybe 75% of the participants hopped onto the pavement and blasted off full tilt, leaving very few of us to engage in the wingmirror waltz.

Surely that must count as cheating in the SCR rules, let alone being down right unpleasant for anyone else attempting to use the pavement for it's correct purpose?

Comments

• I'd say so yes allowed or not once on the pavement it's pootle time.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    JonEdwards wrote:
    Surely that must count as cheating in the SCR rules, let alone being down right unpleasant for anyone else attempting to use the pavement for it's correct purpose?

I find when people RL or Pavment Jump, it just makes beating them more satisfying.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • its the same as rljing. pavement pansy scalps don't count for them, you can take them though as odd says - they taste sweeter.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • 0scar
    0scar Posts: 219
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    I find when people RL or Pavment Jump, it just makes beating them more satisfying.

And more pressing..
    Commuter: Taped-up black Trek 2200 (FCN 5)
    Shiny bike: Pinarello FP2 (FCN 3)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    There's a cycle lane along the stretch from AB to BB. The traffic was chokka along there, so it's legit to use the pavement. Can't SCR along the pavement though.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • But surely on the road is the fun part or am I just a maniac? When I did that route a few weeks that was my favourite bit :-D I was chasing 2 rather quick roadies who where equally good filterers! God knows how we didn't clip any wing mirrors......

As CJCP says it maybe a shared use path along there but IMHO if your going to use that then you have to ride sensibly, i.e not at 20mph+
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    But surely on the road is the fun part or am I just a maniac? When I did that route a few weeks that was my favourite bit :-D I was chasing 2 rather quick roadies who where equally good filterers! God knows how we didn't clip any wing mirrors......

As CJCP says it maybe a shared use path along there but IMHO if your going to use that then you have to ride sensibly, i.e not at 20mph+

Nah, this time, the traffic was at a standstill. I've filtered on those occasions in the past, and I don't find it fun.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    There's a cycle lane along the stretch from AB to BB. The traffic was chokka along there, so it's legit to use the pavement. Can't SCR along the pavement though.

Aye I didn't mean the path bit but there more than a few sections of the racetrack where people pop up and then stay up.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Overtaking me when I am riding conservatively in the snow is also cheating btw :)