Gatwick Car Park - Transfers to terminal with Bike boxes

paul1007
paul1007 Posts: 6
Hi

Myself and my 13 year old Son are travelling out to Mallorca at Easter from Gatwick - can anyone share any experiences of transfering from the offsite carparks to the terminal with bikeboxes? Are the buses and drivers normally ok with large items like this?

Paul

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Have never done it myself but I met up with a mate at Gatwick who had been told he couldn't take bike bag / box on the bus. Think he had to park up, check baggage in, then drive to long stay car park and get bus back or something.

I'll be flying out of Gatwick with bike box in March, think I might just get the train!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    We normally drop the bikes at drop off zone, leave someone in charge of them and then park and get the bus back. 13yo son should be ok with the responsibilty and, if he's anything like mine, you'll be "persuaded" to buy him a big bag of Fruit Pastels when you get back. :D

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Thanks for the advice

Paul
  • I've only ever used the shuttle bus at heathrow with a bike box and that was no problem at all.
  • I've used the shuttle bus at Gatwick a few times with a bike box and it's been fine. That said, I don't think I've ever asked the driver if it is OK - I just get on with it. It never even occurred to me that it might not be OK!