for one lovely homemade chain lube......

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited February 2010 in MTB general
2/3 melted coconut oil, 1/3 IPA, a tiny splash (really small bit) of rapeseed oil.
pour into small glas bottle, place bottle into container of boiling water, and wait aproxx 1 min to alow it to become totaly fluid.
shake, then dispence into favourite chain lube aplicator bottle.

apply sparingly to a clean chain, spin cranks, alow lubricant to "set" (it will apear as a grubby, bity, white gunk, then wipe with rag to remove exces.

enjoy a very clean, very long lasting (you can hose the chain down thouraghly, and it will remove and dirt traces, but not the lube, you only need to relube when the chain apears to be dry, usualy after 2-3 rides followed by a spray with the hose) and cheap lube....
do not (!!!) use on suspention, and wipe excess of chain rings and sprockets, and jokey wheels after initial aplication.

if the lubericant becomes solid between uses (may happen if it getts cold) warm it by placing bottle in hot water.

this is a free recipe for you to use, i welcome feed back!
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• IPA? :?

GKIPA_Revolution_image2_HR.jpg
    :?:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    no! lol, isporopyl alcohol
    I like bikes and stuff
  • no! lol, isporopyl alcohol

Ah, that makes more sense! Best not to get them mixed up! :twisted:
  • Depends on what you think of the taste of the ale! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    i preferred the idea of my bike being kept running with beer...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • frogstomp

"IPA" LMFAO! Excellent

joshtp/mbukman

So the lube is almost totally organic too, great tip, I'll give it a wizz once my expensive planet killing synthetic lube is finished