Fowlmead 7th Feb

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2010 in Amateur race
Had first race of the year today, really enjoyed it. Think I spent too much time on the front as when it came to the sprint I was cramping badly. I was the bloke in the Medway velo jersey and white arm warmers, met some good lads at the race as well. See you's on the 21st. :wink:

Comments

• What's the circuit like? Fowlmead's a bit of a trek for me, but I'll probably end up racing there at some point, so it would be nice to know what to expect.
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    Alright Dave? Did you get in the points?

It was my first race - I was the muppet in black who got overexcited and tried to attack by myself with a lap to go, only to get caught 3/4s of the way round. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Looking forward to the next one...
  • Anonymous
    Very good circuit, quite flat with a few gentle uphill drags. It is quite open so if it is windy I imagine it would be a bit tougher. Really flat smooth and wide surface. Lots better than Redbridge IMHO. :)
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Were you guys in the 2/3?
    My first time at the circuit, it's a really nice course (although very easy - flat/sweeping bends) although quite gusty!
  • Anonymous
    Seanos wrote:
    Alright Dave? Did you get in the points?

It was my first race - I was the muppet in black who got overexcited and tried to attack by myself with a lap to go, only to get caught 3/4s of the way round. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Looking forward to the next one...

Dunno about the points, the results aren't on the website yet and I went straight home after the race. Next time we will have to be a bit cleverer mate. :wink: