Tour of Qatar STAGE 2 **(Spoiler)***

124»

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Interesting listening. DB was being political but admitted it wasn't one of EBH's strengths.
    Seems strange when he won Gent-Wevelgem last year in horrible conditions
    http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/200 ... id=results

Yes, but Rendell pointed out he lost the Eneco Tour the year before because of such conditions.

...when he was a 20 year old neo-pro.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:

Quite. But has he been mentally affected by it.

To me, he's not proven he's consistantly good in tough conditions. He's certainly no Quick.Stepper.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    Riding well in cross winds comes down to experience so it isn't that odd that a young rider misses a split. By their very nature not everyone can be the right side of a split and even the best get caught out at times.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Quite. But has he been mentally affected by it.

To me, he's not proven he's consistantly good in tough conditions. He's certainly no Quick.Stepper.

I think you're being a little harsh. No-one knew who Boonen was until he was 22. EBH is only 22 now and has already won a stinking edition of G-W. This'll be his first proper season as a classics rider, so we'll see how he goes in a couple of months time.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:
    I think you're being a little harsh. No-one knew who Boonen was until he was 22. EBH is only 22 now and has already won a stinking edition of G-W. This'll be his first proper season as a classics rider, so we'll see how he goes in a couple of months time.

GW is a chipper. I learnt this on this very forum. I mean, forchristsakes, Hincapie won it!

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    i must admit, i do really enjoy the real peloton podcasts.