Does anyone have any contact details for Boardman?

chiefgrooveguru
chiefgrooveguru Posts: 80
edited February 2010 in MTB general
The bike is fantastic but Halfords are beyond incompetent and I just want one little part which was damaged when I got the bike. So far I've found the registered office (which looks like it's with their solicitors) but I've yet to track down their business address, phone number or any email addresses.

I know I could get this part myself with a bit of hunting on ebay or in various bike shops but it's the principle of the thing, and also a belief that this new brand producing fantastic bikes needs to be given a good kicking on the aftercare front before Halford's general uselessness (I gather some stores are decent but they seem few and far between) does them in.

And no, I really don't want to talk to Halfords again!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what is the bit?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ooh, just found this:

"For more information about Boardman and Triathlon, please contact: Alan Ingarfield , CEO, Boardman Bikes Ltd on: +44 (0)7967 103 435
    www.boardmanbikes.com"

http://www.halfordspressoffice.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=471&NewsAreaID=2

Probably out of date but I'll try it on Monday.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    so what is the bit?

Cable guide under the bottom bracket. Knackered because it had been left in the shop with the cable half in, half out. Just decided to do something about it because it's rubbing on the paintwork. Halfords sent me a non-identical replacement (though originally I got a note from the post office to say a package was waiting which had an excess postage charge - rejected it when I found it was from Halfords), but now I've come to fit it I've found that it's not just cosmetically different, the alignment is way off and the guide isn't long enough to ensure the front derailleur cable clears the back of the bottom bracket.
  • "Hi", from Andy at the Halfords Customer Service team

I read your post and was concerned to see your comments. Our aim is to
    provide the best service possible for customers - so if you email me at:
    customer.services@halfords.co.uk, I'll do all I can to sort things out for you. Speak soon. Andy.
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    now that is scary! seems like every buissness is now watching our every word. maybe not a bad thing though

we have the power! :D
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I didnt think they had any customer services :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Good news. I popped into another local Halfords which has taken over being the Boardman stockist since the city centre store (the incompetent one) closed and they were extremely helpful. As they couldn't work out how to order the exact right part for me they took the cable guide off one of the their stock bikes and gave it to me and it fits perfectly. Strangely it's a different part to the original one, being thicker plastic with deeper channels and a less long guide for the front derailleur. Maybe the original part was either incorrect or had since been changed due to this problem being quite common?

I haven't managed to get hold of Alan but if I do I'll let him know the score! Even though Boardman seem to want to do everything through Halfords I think they'd be well served to set up a complaints email address to keep Halfords on their toes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There are a number of guides out there, many are slightly different that do the same job, except the original one you had ;-)