Armstrong annoyed at Vaughters

2»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Far too much weight is being given to a throwaway comment from JV. Clearly someone out there is scanning even the Hindustan Times for a name check and rather than ask in quiet what was meant by Vaughters, you get public condemnation.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    LOL

He looks soooo old
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    And guys, be careful what you say...he is watching you.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Far too much weight is being given to a throwaway comment from JV. Clearly someone out there is scanning even the Hindustan Times for a name check and rather than ask in quiet what was meant by Vaughters, you get public condemnation.

Are you suggesting I'm Lance?

I will need you to step outside....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber wrote:
    I don't know about Astana soft-pedalling as a whole but certainly on Ventoux we could have seen Contador take a flyer. He didn't and arguably this allowed Armstrong to keep the podium spot.

Poor Armstrong seems far too easily riled, as if he's constantly insecure.

There were plenty of moments where AC could have put even more time into LA. AC did plenty towards securing that podium spot for his old mate.

Armstrong doesn't get riled too easily, he's no Roy Keane
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    I will need you to step outside....
    You're obviously not Lance since I'd have a legal threat by now :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    LOL

tdf09st15-lancefinish.jpg
    tdf09st18-lance.jpg

Reuters
    x610.jpg
    x610.jpg

Getty
    610x.jpg
    610x.jpg

So. You collect pictures of Lance with contorted facial expressions :? :? :?
  • FF has a picture for every occaision. Some are better than others. That 4th one down is real ugly.
  • dennisn
    FF has a picture for every occaision. Some are better than others. That 4th one down is real ugly.

I think I've probably looked like that on occasion. I think it's "ff's" attempt to portray LA
    as an evil demon. Doesn't work for me though. Gotta have horns. Every evil demon I've ever met had nasty horns AND a split tongue.Second picture clearly shows no split.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    JV let slip what every one knows. LA and the Hog knew that the only chance to win was to control and slow the race. Get LA in yellow and play the "team" card, forcing Contador to back off in the mountains. Contador saw that and said screw you -- I'm off. JV just said what we all saw.

The key thing is how much the old man lost in the TT. I would suspect he thought he would be closer to AC in that than he was.

If Lance couldn't win last year, 2010 looks bleak. Even if he loses all that muscle, Evans, Sastre, and Valverde will push him to the side.

His day has passed. The kid from Spain calls the tune.
  • dennisn
    Bakunin wrote:
    JV let slip what every one knows. LA and the Hog knew that the only chance to win was to control and slow the race. Get LA in yellow and play the "team" card, forcing Contador to back off in the mountains. Contador saw that and said screw you -- I'm off. JV just said what we all saw.

The key thing is how much the old man lost in the TT. I would suspect he thought he would be closer to AC in that than he was.

If Lance couldn't win last year, 2010 looks bleak. Even if he loses all that muscle, Evans, Sastre, and Valverde will push him to the side.

Now, I don't know you but as far as the old man comment goes I'd bet good money that I, personally, know at least 20 OLD MEN(over Lances age) that could take you apart in
    a TT, Crit., you name it. And that is just members of our local clubs. So, pardon me if I
    dispute your OLD MAN theory.
    I'm in a mean mood today. Feels good.
  • dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Now, I don't know you but as far as the old man comment goes I'd bet good money that I, personally, know at least 20 OLD MEN(over Lances age) that could take you apart in
    a TT, Crit., you name it. And that is just members of our local clubs. So, pardon me if I

Somebody hit a nerve with the OLD MAN comment :lol:
    You have a point dennis about old men being more than capable of whooping some ass!!
    Although Armstrong will have to train very very hard to challenge AC in the mountains as its a harder route this year.I do hope he is much fitter and that we have a handful of riders challenging for the yellow jersey making it a very exciting race to watch from start to finish.....oh and NO DOPING SCANDELS would be the icing on the cake.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    FF has a picture for every occaision. Some are better than others. That 4th one down is real ugly.

There is something slightly disturbing about FF and his picture obsession with cyclists legs and various other body parts that i cant quite put my finger on . Indeed would i want to put my finger on it..............probably not.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Seemed to me that in the big mountain stages, Contador was very comfortable and riding within himself, except for his attacks at Andora, Verbier and en route to Grand Bornand.

He knew he could take time whenever/wherever he wanted and simply sat on. Armstrong, however, looked on the rivet when the heat came on and let's face it, had it not been for the wind-assisted split to Grand Motte and the TTT, he would've been well down the pecking order.

This is the old "if my anutie had baws she would be my uncle thing again " if there was no TTT nor the split to Grand Motte then race would have been tactically different. Who knows how it would,have panned out .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Old Man theory? That must be in your mind. I totally missed that.

Take me apart in a TT, Crit... Who are you? French Fighter? I make a comment and your response is that you know someone who would smoke me on a bike -- wow. That's classic. But how do you know that?

You didn't comment on anything I wrote -- just more of your overly-sensitive, morally superior musings. You breathe deeply.

Well, at least you feel better. That is something. We are all glad about that.
  • dennisn
    Bakunin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Old Man theory? That must be in your mind. I totally missed that.

Take me apart in a TT, Crit... Who are you? French Fighter? I make a comment and your response is that you know someone who would smoke me on a bike -- wow. That's classic. But how do you know that?

You didn't comment on anything I wrote -- just more of your overly-sensitive, morally superior musings. You breathe deeply.

Well, at least you feel better. That is something. We are all glad about that.

Let's see now "...old man lost in....."(your words). Sounds like an old man theory to me.
    I said I BET I know 20 old guys that could..... I'll stick by that.
    Send me your win sheet if you wish.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Dennis - why does everything you post on here effectively get distilled down to some kind of 'right to comment'. That right only being granted (by you) if you are a better bike rider than who you're writing about. I know I'm not a pro bike rider. Likewise I'm not a professional footballer (suppose that'll be 'soccer' to you), politician or musician. By your rationale, that means we're not allowed to comment, comment, criticise them either. A form is not necsesarily a fanzine.

That all said, I don't agree with unfounded, unwarrented personal attacks either.

"Send me your win sheet if you wish" - I despair.
  • "Send me your win sheet if you wish" - I despair.

Calm down dear, its only a forum.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    And guys, be careful what you say...he is watching you.

Getty
    610x.jpg

certainly getting more boss eyed in his old age
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

There are undoubtedly many 'old men' who could take me apart in a race, and perhaps Bakunin too although I couldn't possibly know that, but the point he was making is that there aren't many 'old men' who could beat Alberto Contador, who I assume you would agree is probably a bit better than all of us.

Damn, I've posted in an Armstrong thread. Note to self: do not let this happen again.
  • dennisn
    stfc1 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Damn, I've posted in an Armstrong thread. Note to self: do not let this happen again.

D*mn, so have I. Note to self. See above post.
    I get way too carried away. Gotta stop. Not a good thing.
  • Momstrong and death by twitter. Classic.
    Certainly more entertaining than the Snore of Qatar. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.