My seat hurts

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2010 in MTB general
So i got a new much lighter seat, which has no padding, and looking really really good! I love it! but at the end of the day My ass hurts so much!!!! this is only my 2nd ride with it, so do you think i will get used to it?

Comments

• No buy a new one - my Bel Air is for sale while we are on the subject :lol:
  • meta55matt :lol:

You may get used to it after a few rides. Then again, you may not. I'd not get rid of it right away (as good as Matts saddle may be :wink: ).

Saddles are pretty personal things. For me, I get wicked numb bollox if the saddle is too heavily padded.

It can take a while to find a saddle you're properly comfortable with, even then, your preferences can change if you lose or gain weight etc.
  • steve9uk
    steve9uk Posts: 128
    I went to get my sit bones measured when i was buying a new saddle. it was a speacialized phenom. It worked to.
    I would try adjusting the seaddle also look at tilting the saddle slightly forward, this will take the pressure off the so called nether region :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    give the slim saddle a few rides, i am a big fat 19 stone unit but much much prefer a slim race looking type saddle as i like the way they flex, i find excess padding makes me numb as hell.
  • i cant see u getting used to it tbh ive had a few seats so far and having a big arse had to settle for a big comfy 1 :wink: it doesnt look the best but i'd rather that than be uncomfortable every time i ride :wink:
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Give it a couple more rides but if you really don't get on with it change it. Everyones anatomy is different so some saddle just won't work

I ran a Selle Italia Flite a while back becuase it was light, it wasn't comfortable and made me numb in the downstairs brain department!

I got rid of it for a Fizik Gobi which is a great saddle. I also tested a Heckler for the day with a WTB saddle and it wasn't especially skinny but it made me numb as well so its not necessarily just lightweight saddles that can be uncomfortable
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • I would say give it a chance. When I first started riding my ar5e bones felt bruised for quite some time, but fairly soon the saddle gave me no issues at all. Been off my bike (same one and saddle) for about 2 months and just satrted riding it again..... low and behold my ar5e bones are tender as hell - but I can guarantee that in another week I'll be fine.

I recon any seat will cause some aggro if you are getting back on a bike without riding for some time - unless you bolt on an armchair :P

Edit: just re-read your post..... still give it a go, put if it is hard as nails then you might always have an issue