Betsy Andreu - still fighting for truth and justice...

BikingBernie
BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Greg had his bike company destroyed. He was smeared in the public with the blind support of the media more or less. Frankie lost his job as a director when stories came out on the SCA legal documents where Frankie stated under oath lance doped. I was mercilessly singled out and smeared in the public. Two American journalists did a fair and balanced report from the SCA documents: Tom Goldman of NPR and Alan Abrahamson (then of the L.A. Times and now of NBC Sports). The only other media to talk to me was my local NBC affiliate news station. Lance smeared, lied, and smeared me some more all the while the media covered every word he said without giving me a chance to respond more or less.

After one year, Austin Murphy contacted us for a piece he was to write about all of this on the eve of "From Lance to Landis" appearance on bookshelves. He entered Lance's coveted (to those journalists who have integrity) blacklist after that article appeared in Sports Illustrated. Three Americans to write about this and that's it. The others didn't give a rat's *** that lance was lying through his teeth casting aspersions on people who refused to go along with his charade.

After I presented a damning piece of evidence in the SCA case (to Frankie's immense displeasure), lance and/or one of his goons contacted the guy who is central to this evidence and threatened him had he not signed an affidavit supporting lance and dismissing this evidence.

Look at Filipo Simeoni. He's not treated like Basso now is he? He's seen as a pariah. Same with Jaksche. Kohl has provided details how's his reception by the peloton? UCI? What about Manzano?

Frankie's been warned in the past that to keep involved (not saying who said it or regarding what) he and I must shut-up or he won't have work. A colleague of Frankie's told another regarding how lance has treated me publicly, "....she got what she deserved; we all have to make a living..."

I was told by a pro cyclist that everyone knows I told the truth but he just shrugged his shoulders, "Look at what happened to you when you did."

Do you really think anyone wants to come forward with the truth? Lance is feared more than he is respected.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.p ... tcount=343

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Change that to read "......truth, justice, and the American way".
    No, wait, that was Superman's motto. :wink::wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Surprised Bernie would be a fan of a pretty conservative American woman.

I guess there is hope for the Middle East yet.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Can we rename her Betsy "more or less" Andreu?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    Can we rename her Betsy "more or less" Andreu?

??????
    I think I know what you're saying, but fill me in, please.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:
    Surprised Bernie would be a fan of a pretty conservative American woman.

I guess there is hope for the Middle East yet.

That's not the half of it. This morning he proposed the former head of the IOC Marketing Committee and commericalisation poster boy of the 1996 "Coca Cola" Olympics to take over the UCI.

Someone's 3-Series must have been hit by lightning on the road to Damascus.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

• After I presented a damning piece of evidence in the SCA case (to Frankie's immense displeasure), lance and/or one of his goons contacted the guy who is central to this evidence and threatened him had he not signed an affidavit supporting lance and dismissing this evidence.

it seems that the only non-circumstantial evidence betsy has against lance is what she heard in the hospital room (right?).

is the guy she refers to as being 'central to this evidence' the doctor who was asking the questions? if so did he testify that nothing was said in the hospital room? and what evidence is there of him being threatened?
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I've followed Betsy's posts elsehwere before (and will continue to do so) and it is perhaps her nomiker 'elizab' which I have always read as 'Eliza Bennet'.

And Eliza Bennet is how I see her. Poised, determined, noble yet extremely hard done by through no fault of her own, who holds her head high and will come through it all glowing.

What goes around, comes around. Hang on in there, Betsy, one day it will all come right, You're admired by more pros than you will ever know.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Vince - why don't you go an test your theories on the Cyclingnews Forum? You'll certainly illicit a reaction!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    VinceEager wrote:

After I presented a damning piece of evidence in the SCA case (to Frankie's immense displeasure), lance and/or one of his goons contacted the guy who is central to this evidence and threatened him had he not signed an affidavit supporting lance and dismissing this evidence.

it seems that the only non-circumstantial evidence betsy has against lance is what she heard in the hospital room (right?).

is the guy she refers to as being 'central to this evidence' the doctor who was asking the questions? if so did he testify that nothing was said in the hospital room? and what evidence is there of him being threatened?

Surely no doctor would ever testify to Betsy Andreu's allegations? A patient's health is confidential business.
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    Vince - why don't you go an test your theories on the Cyclingnews Forum? You'll certainly illicit a reaction!

what theories? i'm asking questions...
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    No evidence of the doctor being threatened but he did receive a very nice donation shortly after the conclusion of the SCA trial - to some it was purely co-incidental.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dennisn
    johnfinch wrote:
    VinceEager wrote:

Surely no doctor would ever testify to Betsy Andreu's allegations? A patient's health is confidential business.

+1............. Gotta agree with that. It's just lose /lose for a doctor to talk about his relationship with a patient. And it's unethical. Which may not bother some doctors, but it's still lose /lose.