Oh No! Engage have gone BSO(ish)!

mfield
mfield Posts: 80
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I thought Engage would continue making some more nice frames, but now they've come up with a BSOish FS bike!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Engage-Full-Suspe ... 439d133be1

Comments

• Pedal induced compression much? I've been meaning to ask - What is BSO please?
  • mfield
    BSO is Bike Shaped Object

A cheapo dangerous bike with crap forks/shock and made of steel :lol: Like an Apoollo basically
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    mfield wrote:

A cheapo dangerous bike with crap forks/shock and made of steel :lol: Like an Apoollo basically

Hey! you can get Alu BSOs by the way :wink:
  • mfield
    Kiblams wrote:
    mfield wrote:

Hey! you can get Alu BSOs by the way :wink:

:lol:
  • .....and Engage are? Not a brand I've ever come across, hear or read of bar the "BSO" on the 'Bay
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH I am not surprised.

but they could have chosen a better one to put their name on.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mfield
    They are a small brand just starting to make frames/bikes. The Soul brother frame and the BMX frame are great, and cheap. But now they've come up with this crap.

And nick what do you mean ?

but they could have chosen a better one to put their name on.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i am sure with a bit of googling i can find 10 bikes that use that frame and most probably find a fair few that use the HT frame as well.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mfield
    Ah, go on then :wink:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Actually for a BSO that doesnt look too bad I know it probably weighs the same as an anvil and handles like a shopping trolley with a wonkey wheel but for the price I have seen an awful lot worse
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Catalogue bikes (as in Far Eastern cats) - many produce frames that have lots of different names on. Sometimes get slight variations.
  • mfield
    Wasn't doubting there aren't more of the same. :) Do most companies actually make their own frames, or do they buy the from China etc.?
  • Damo66
    Damo66 Posts: 59
    mfield wrote:

LMAO
  • Looks OK. Superficially similar to a Scott Spark. Doubt it is worth 350 quid though.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    similar to a Scott Spark.

Reeeeaaaallly? Has anyone got a Scott Spark? :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    I love the bit about 'tuning the gears/brakes to your liking.

Personally, I like it when the chain comes off and the brakes squeal like a banshee.

Are there really any variants as to how people like their gears and brakes to be 'tuned'?
  • bails87
    Brakes can have reach adjust etc. Although I doubt those do.

Which means the only 'tuning' is changing between 'working' and 'bollocksed'!
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:

No-one I know.
  • bails87
    bails87 wrote:

No-one I know.

Me neither, I just thought they might be peeved at comparing scott-spark-limited-2010-mountain-bike.jpg to !BkP4)PwBmk~$(KGrHqUH-EUEt!3UB8T1BLWz,dkGFw~~_12.JPG
    MTB/CX