Tour of Dengie Marsh - Hell of the East

incog24
incog24 Posts: 549
edited February 2010 in Amateur race
Has anyone done this? It looks pretty epic, I'd be interested to hear a few people experiences. Tyre choices could be useful too, is it worth cracking out 25mm tyres for? Or have people had any luck going with lower pressures and managing to avoid pinch punctures?
Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    My mate rode it last year.........was in the leading break of 3 when he punctured with 8 miles to go! :twisted: He was using "cobble spankers" as well (Vittoria EVO Pave 24mm).

It's pretty full-on from what he's told me, but he also races MTB XC and cross so is handy in the mud.

It's on his agenda for this year as well.........may well be using EVO Pave tubs this year though.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    incog24 wrote:
    It looks pretty epic
    3400876649_063bd6cce8_o.jpg

........nuff said
  • i was thinking of doing this race, i often think that as long as you dont use light weight tyres, if you are going to flat with a 22 mm tyre you will flat with a 25mm tyre, doubt it is as hardcore as rutland? and a mate has finished top 10 last two years there on 22mm tyres
  • One of my ambitions for my comeback...not this season though, maybe once I'm relocated back down south.