I think I coughed up a lung

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
First commute in today since October and I'm embarrassed at how bad I was.

10 miles all road and it took as long as the 14 mixed road and bridleway did, :oops:

God I was struggling at every little incline and as some of them are hardly little, it was very, very hard work.

Still I did it, it was bloody freezing AND major amounts of fog. Leaving at 6:30 this morning into 100 yard visbility I was really glad I had my Single shot plus on flash and my Vision 2 on setting 2 (all it needed!)

Also, picked pretty much the right clothing - my feet were a little cold but basically not bad :) AND I was carrying ALL my work stuf (laptop, all my clothes, d-lock, cable lock, shoes, shower stuff... much more weighed down than usual.

Aaaanyway. I'm back on the bike, waving at the courteous drivers (lots) growling at the idiots (one) and glad to be there! :D
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Welcome back. You have been off longer than me and I have had a "serious" injury!
    I too suffered yesterday, not on the bike today, but will be back tomorrow, as long as the snow has eased a little.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Well done KB :D

Today was my first jaunt into work too, since about November - I discovered last night that I had run out of silly excuses (isn't it odd how you can find so many reasons not to do something you actually rather enjoy once you get going?) so it was time I just bloody got back on!

It was fine, surprisingly not a struggle. I may have had a tailwind, though...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • I had NO choice! :roll: The car is in the garage and I needed to get to work... so bike.

Mind you, I am looking forward to the ride home. More downhills :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Welcome back buddy :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Welcome back KB and SJ :D

Lost a couple of days due to the bad weather and 'must have' winter cold. Struggling to get back into running though, so will be doing the lung thing tonight 8)
  • this is where a really short commute helps, I missed only one and that was yesturday as I've taken some computers home which I will fix for work, so that was a car job.