Dozy Me... Nice Van Driver

Oddjob62
Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Zoned out for a second in very slow moving traffic, you know how you do, (even though you know you shouldn't) when it's a place you've been though hundreds of times.
Looking right to make sure a bus driver had seen me, and didn't see the van just to my left stop. Handlebar clipped back of van and down i went

VanMan jumps out: "Oh my god are you ok mate?"
Me: "Yeah just clipped your back end"
VanMan: "Phew I though i had done something wrong"
Me: "No i was just an idiot"
Chuckles all round.

Didn't even tear my jersey, so lesson learned with no harm done. Will stop me from being careless at least for the next few weeks..
As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)

Comments

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Just shows how sterotypes (white van man) are incorrect. Glad to know you're ok.
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    Just shows how sterotypes (white van man) are incorrect. Glad to know you're ok.

Which group would i come under? I'm both a MTBer and a white van man...! :P :D
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc wrote:

Probably the same one as me. I'm a roadie and a trucker. 8)
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

Sorry you said MTBer. You're well down the pecking order then. :D
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

Sorry you said MTBer. You're well down the pecking order then. :D

Ha, you've got a bigger truck, but I've got a bigger bike...
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I had pretty much the opposite last night. Was going along just fine and a van veered across me over to the bus stop on the left with no signal. Slammed on the brakes and just managed to go around to the right, as I did there was an apologetic hand held out of the driver's window.

Could have been nasty.
  • Shoulda D-locked the c##t.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000