So, having done a few journeys on the new bike...

lastant
lastant Posts: 526
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
...thought I'd get a few thoughts down.

Biggest difference I've noticed so far is the response of the bike and the speed of it compared to my old one - when I get my feet going the response is almost instant, and it's so much easier (more efficient?!) than I'm used to. Average speed is up and my legs feel different but in a good way.

Bit of a shock today coming into Westferry Circus and Canary Wharf - wasn't quite expecting the buffering I got from the wind...definitely an, erm, 'interesting' feeling being blown across the road and quite glad there was no traffic about!

Oh yeah, one other thing - I'd forgotten how much fun it was changing a saddle. Think it's going to take a couple of weeks before my bum's used to it's new perch. Overall though I'm delighted with the purchase so far, looking forward to getting the miles in now...
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)

Comments

• pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    What groupset do you have on it? I've got the Via Nirone with Xenon which is fine but unfortunately only came in white not celeste! Still need to fine tune my position I think (or just get used to it) because my back starts to hurt after riding for a while.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    It's Shimano 105 throughout.

Completely new to road bikes so whilst I realise there's probably people thinking I'm a heathen for not going Campagnolo, I'm not sure and had it more or less confirmed after a chat at the LBS that I'd really notice the difference between the two.

That and the fact they had one in my size with a 30% discount available and I'd 'only' have got 20% off one with Campagnolo!

Found the switch to Look clipless pedals not too bad either, although I'm only hitting the left connection perhaps half the time without looking. Sure it'll come good with time and practice...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • lastant wrote:
    It's Shimano 105 throughout.

Completely new to road bikes so whilst I realise there's probably people thinking I'm a heathen for not going Campagnolo, I'm not sure and had it more or less confirmed after a chat at the LBS that I'd really notice the difference between the two.

You're OK here and the advice from your LBS is spot-on but do watch out for the Groupset Police on some of the Road forums.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Shimano or Campag? Who gives a sh1t! Just ride it, and enjoy it!!!!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    This isn't the road forum - we don't care what you ride as long as you enjoy it although there are some on here (mentioning no names ) who get wound up by people with the wrong pedals:wink: