So... I went to Gisburn! Yay! (Vids up!)

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited February 2010 in Routes
1st off... sorry I wasn't trailbuilding today :oops: I jsut needed to get out on a ride.

Secondly, I had loads of fuuuuuunnnn :D

The conditions were fine apart from right at the top.... twas a bit of a quagmire tbh :(
Also, at the slab area I came across some parents taking their children on a nice sunday bike ride :shock: all the kids were on BSO's and I heard one say " daddy my brakes aren't working again".... great.

Anyways, all of the volunteer bits were great, no problem with water at all!

The gulley was fun though :lol: Because its always in the shadow of the hill opposite, it was sheet ice and very very very slippy!
I stacked it haha! got it on camera toooo!

I'll get the videos up soon, they're being put on youtube as we speak :)
photo-51.jpg
photo-49.jpg

6 x Vids!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18VxnC9s ... 59&index=0

Comments

• gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    nice one mate, stuck in work today =gutted, would have been up for a ride in the snow. was there much up there today?
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    So you were there, why didn't you bob in and say hello? You could've been the first to ride the new log ride (which for the rest of you non-diggers is still off limits :twisted: ).

There were rather a lot of families there today, we could hear them arguing as they rode past on the fireroad :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon
    I've sent you an email :lol:

Didn't pop up because I didn't want to get moaned at :D
  • stumpyjon
    Moi, moan at people (only at work). Anyway if anyone pops in to see us it's a chance for a chat and down tools for 5 mins :D , maybe that's not a good thing after all :lol:

Anyway Hi to the guys that did pop in and see us, PM me your email addresses and I'll get you on the mailing lists (Si I'm looking at you :lol: ).

• videos are now in the OP :D

I'll make up excuses as the mocking comes in haha!
  • bigbenj i like the vids brought back some good memories of today, the riding was great and weather awesome too(a bit cold like) but all in all a top days riding.
    Am sure i saw you a few times this aft, i was in a threesome two gt's and fury oh nice fall by the way!!!!
  • woodenman
    Yup I do remember 3 guys... definately 2 on GT's.. triple triangle is a givaway lol!

Cheers for the comments on the vids though! I kept forgetting about the camera and could have taken much much more! Loks like i'll have ot go back next weekend :lol:
  • ha ha next weekend!! my legs will need at least 2 weeks to recover, 20 miles clocked today dont ask me how i have not a clue! Am defo going back up soon though its a fair poke from wakefield but worth it!
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    nice work mate, i really want to ride gisburn, but being a welsh-y its a bit of a mission to get there....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Nice vids bigbenj_08, gisburn looks like a brilliant trail (aside from the bit I helped build), can't wait to get up there again (hopefully with a bike too). :)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Nice vids. Love that bit through the trees. Looking forward to going in a couple of weeks
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • the treelined bits are also my fav! The 1st bit of trail is such a good start.... I could ride it all day long!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Weather looked nice for you, its slushy/icy/overcast and muddy as fook down here :(
  • Ben, you got a far up the hill on vid 3 over the streams as we usually get lol...I've yet to crack that climb :oops:
    Caz xx
  • hehe, thats the furthest i've been up there too! last time I slid all the way to the bottom haha!
  • I can't do that other steep climb near the clearfell.....I did get halfway up once then the lass I was following gave up and I had to stop :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Whytepeak
    sparrowlegs78 Typical :roll:

I did that to someone on the trail at whinlatter, could tell they weren't pleased as they tried to ride over me, pesky xc whippets...

Think a ride at gisburn is on the cards at half term 8) :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • stumpyjon
    I can do both those climbs 8) , as long as I exit the stream OK I can make the first one easy. The one in the clear fell is a bit more difficult and goes, extend seat post (Joplin), reduce fork travel (Fox TALAS), drop into granny ring, drop down the cassette, hope I'm still going in the right direction and grind up the other side. That metal pipe things is a bit of a pig in the middle.
    The 1st bit of trail is such a good start....

Excellent (in my best Mr Burns accent), talking to Martin today about some more. I'd like our next bit to link the concrete bridge up to the bit we're currently working on, and then there's plans for that bit we rode up cutting out that long fireroad drag before the volunteer bit starts (if only I didn't have to work for a living :roll: )

• I can't even ride through the streams! I'm scared my wheels will slip and I'll fall off lol
    Caz xx
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looks like nice riding weather.

still cold up here

006aft.jpg

yes -11
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    You should get a real Mini Nick :wink:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i have one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Touche!
  • stumpyjon
    It's been superb the last two days Nick, grounds been either dry or frozen solid, blue skys, think I even saw dust from the rear wheel of someone I was riding with yesterday (might have been my cold breath in the air though). Snow's nearly all gone though.

Caz the streams are OK, not at all slippy (don't sue me :lol: ). Hully Gully is a bit slippy though as Ben shows. Slightly disturbing camera position :?

• nicklouse
    yup was pretty much perfect tbh... not hot and sweaty, hardly any wind and the trail had dried out pretty well!

-11 is a bit chilly for me though :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    Whats wrong with my camera position?

I like to see my forks working well :P

(plus it won't go on my bars... always slips about :(
  • tony_m
    tony_m Posts: 70
    Nice vids Ben.

And yes, the camera position is a bit disconcerting!!! :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

Not heard them called that before :shock:

• stumpyjon wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

:?:
  • Whytepeak
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    stumpyjon wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

:?:

:lol::lol: :roll: