What turbo do you own?

Scrumple
Scrumple Posts: 2,665
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
Having a think... interested to hear what you have.

Lots of threadsabout what to do, but what do you do it on?? I'm a bit lost when it comes to all the add ons, and imagic, and this n that.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tacx Satori

Simple but good.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Very good.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    CycleOps Fluid II - Very good, IMHO. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • tacx satori blue....

As NapD but.... blue.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • Tacx I-Magic with new TTS2 software -cycle google earth !
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    Tacx Flow
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    Minoura Hypermag. Nothing to compare it against, but seems OK.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Tacx Flow here. Great piece of kit.
  • Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Very good.

+1 one of the best cycling buys I ever made.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    Tacx Fortius and CyleOps Alu rollers with resistance unit fitted...
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Porsche 911.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I am interested to know what spec computer Percy is using to run TTS.Thanks
  • Brian1 wrote:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I am interested to know what spec computer Percy is using to run TTS.Thanks

I used to run the original Fortius on my HP Pavilion laptop. However, I went for a dedicated machine.

I bought a Packard Bell base unit (reconditioned) from PC World (400 UKP). I think it is a Quad Core with 1G RAM. I'll dig out the spec tonight and post it.

I know lots of people have problems with Tacx software, not just the newer TTS, but I have never had any issues with it. Then again, I don't tend to mess with my computers. I know people who are constantly fiddling with the registry, and then wonder why they have to keep re-installing Windows.

I have never had to re-install Windows - EVER, and have never messed with the registry either.

The only current issue I have with TTS2 is that it will not return to the main program after a VR ride, so I have to kill the program and re-run it.

Let me know if you need any more info.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 diesel turbo
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Apreciate your help Percy. I am running original fortius software on an HP Pavillion dual core with 1 GB ram and processor speed of 5400 but didnt think this would be powerful enough to run TTS.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I am tempted to get a Kurt Kinetic next Autumn, the one with the HYOOJ flywheel...
  • tacx sirius
  • Brian1 wrote:
    Apreciate your help Percy. I am running original fortius software on an HP Pavillion dual core with 1 GB ram and processor speed of 5400 but didnt think this would be powerful enough to run TTS.

This is faster than the laptop I had. I changed mainly to get a better (faster) graphics performance in the virtual worlds. I would think this is the most processor intensive, probably seconded by the RLT (google earth) part, so you should be OK.

The laptop gave about 6-10 FPS.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I am very tempted to get a Kurt Kinetic also.
    If I was going to get one I'd get the Pro Rock'n'Roll although I'm trying to hold off as I don't like to pay full RRP, plus they are quite a bit cheaper in the USA - we always seem to get screwed here!!

Looking on CRC website the Rock'n'Roll Pro is £450, but if you buy the frame and resistance separately it only comes to £420 - if I buy it this way will I be missing any bits?

Is the Rock'n'Roll a gimmick?

At the moment I have a cheap Elite Wind Resistance one.
  • Tacx Sirius Gel , seems well made and versatile without being expensive.

As has been mentioned in several reviews, the assembly Instructions could be better - but you only have to assemble it once! :lol:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Tacx Sirius also, good piece of kit. Strangely I didn't struggle with the instructions which is unusual for me as I'm usually crap with things like that.
  • Lig
    Lig Posts: 178
    Elite Supercrono wireless here.....Really pleased with it...

I was tempted by the Kurt kinetic, but couldnt find one at a good price...

I think you have to decide how much you want to spend and then search for a deal in your price range....

Lig...