Over socks

bugsrabbit
bugsrabbit Posts: 182
edited January 2010 in Road buying advice
Looking forward to spring, do over socks cover the gap between overshoes and summer riding or am i just looking for an excuse to buy something else i can get told off for buying!!

Comments

• Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Go for it.

I'm always getting told off so I don't see why you shouldn't :D
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Personally, I can see no point in the oversocks, they just seem to be a nightmare if they got wet and dirty!!
    I use Pro Tarmac NPU+ (3mm neoprene) most of the time and have just bought a pair of Pro H2O, as they're much lighter, for the transition period. They're still waterproof though...

Oh, and they're very white! Very, very white. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Oversocks are ok for warmth but I mainly use them for keeping my 'white' shoes clean when it's decent weather but the roads are damp.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 559
    have you thought about getting some sealskinz and cutting a hole or your cleats. works like a dream and is fully waterproof. got my wife to sew round the cleat hole to reinforce.
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I use oversocks all year, because it's easier to clean the socks than the shoes.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    I use oversocks all year, because it's easier to clean the socks than the shoes.

Yea but then no-one can see my shiny white shoes glisten in the sun (when/if it arrives)
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Oversocks rock. I always feel much quicker in oversocks than in overshoes when it's that in between kind of temperature.
  • Sold! I was looking at the assos, but the White look like you have your foot in plaster!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    About to try the Prendas ones for the first time ...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,548
    i've got the prendas ones, good price and they do the the job
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny