On-One 456/Summer Season

Mobes
Mobes Posts: 23
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
are they really as good as people say they are? ive currently got a Da Bomb Cherry Bomb FS frame, that is pretty cool for the DH stuff and general messing about on, but the type of riding im doing now is more single track with a hint of DH. Now im contemplating selling the Cherry Bomb frame and replacing it with a 456 or a summer season.

am i stupid to be thinking this? will i regret it?

Comments

• Well, the 456 (or at least, that kind of frame) sounds more suited to the kind of riding you do at the moment.

The good thing about frames like the 456 though is that you can pretty much build them up however you like. That and the fact they are good quality and dirt cheap.

From what you've described, it sounds like you'd possibly be after something similar to mine linked in my sig. (maybe with better kit than I have on at the moment, but of course that depends on your budget)

It's not for everyone though. It's a big leap moving from riding FS to a HT and there's plenty of people who have tried and hated it. Personally, I love mine! I love it so much I'm about to lavish it with some luuuuurvly upgrades.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    try to swing a leg over one. They are an absolute riot though.
  • Mobes
    Mobes Posts: 23
    well ive chucked the frame on ebay. fingers crossed it will sell and i can get a 456. think im going to go for the Brown one, but i also really like the lime Summer Season.