Mid April Del On Bianchi Bike !!!!! Help pls

LeeStilton
LeeStilton Posts: 26
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
hi there after a long hard thought i put a deposit down on a c2c Bianchi campagnolo xenon mix compact was told end of March now been told Mid April my lbs has been helpfull and informative however i have my first 100 mile ride booked in on june and at this rate will be doing it on my mtb anybody have any ideas as i am 6ft 5 and need a 63cm frame. my heart is set on a Bianchi do you think this will give me time to get used to it before the ride???
obviously i am training on my mtb but hard work.

Lee

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    What's the budget? That bike's about £600 isn't it?

Have you tried another LBS or looked online?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    I would think alot depends on your base fitness, how much and how far you ride your mountain bike, when in June the 100 miler is and the profile of the 100 miler.

IMO road riding uses muscles in a slightly different way to road riding, and you may find the transition takes a couple of weeks.

If your 100 miler is flatish you may be OK but if it is something like the Dragon Ride you will need to do a lot of hill work beforehand.

Assuming you are pretty fit and have good stamina you could train for the 100 miler in 6/7 weeks. But that of course assumes there's no further delays in delivery.

Might be worthwhile looking for alternatives.
  • hi yeah its a £747 bike . the problem is i need a 63 cm bike and its v v difficult to find ppl with stock.
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    I ordered a 2010 Bianchi from my LBS back in October when they released the details of the new stock. I was told 6 weeks wait. Then 8, then 1 February etc. Ended up going for something else (a lovely Cinelli which my LBS did on a good deal to make up for the hassle). I wanted to get out there on the road rather than on my MTB, rather than wait for 6 months.

A bike like a Bianchi is amazing but is it worth such a long wait? Better to get out and ride.
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • yeah thats what i am thinking at the moment . decision, decisions!!!!!
  • Have you tried Epic cycles ?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    ride your mtb a lot till then

you will be flying when your bianchi finally turns up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    ^^^^^

what he said. I did a day out with my local club on sunday on a rigid MTB with slicks and I didn't find it that much different to the road bike I usually ride. Probably about 10-15% harder work, but still managed a reasonable average speed and a fair amount of time at the front too.
  • Thanks guys i have had my heart set on a Bianchi so i am going to wait and train on my sturdy mtb.
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    You won't regret the wait. :wink: