Cycle tool posts in France

Sadoldsamurai
Sadoldsamurai Posts: 41
edited February 2010 in Tour & expedition
Hi y'all.
MTBer here making enquiries of those of you who stay on the black stuff...
Am involved in project to set up/develope Wooler (North Northumberland) as a cycling hub..
At a meeting one of the attendees mentioned he had used a free tool service in France..
Apparently they (the French) have these posts with essential tools chained to them..for the free use of cyclists..
Anyone know anything about them>
Ta
Conrad
(There's mud aplenty in them thar hills)
09 Genesis Altitude 20 (853)
07 Ellsworth Moment.. 2016 transmission
11 Genesis Croix de Fe (725)
C20 Orrel 26" (531C)
16 Dooooone (Calibre) Fatty
07 Orbit 9531DB0
WINNER 2011 WMB Gear of the Year..yes folks Mr Averages do win :D

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856

Oi! Who said touring means you stay on tarmac roads? There are a number of us on here who do off-road touring.

It sounds like a great idea. As far as France is concerned I don't recall ever seeing a tool post. It sounded like the sort of thing the FFCT (Federation Française du Cyclotourisme) would be promoting and I do seem to recall seeing something, but I couldn't find anything on their website. Maybe it's something at FFCT's VTT/MTB centres.
  • Thanks Andy,
    Not exactly the answer..but takes me a lot nearer than I was..
    Best wishes,
    Conrad
    09 Genesis Altitude 20 (853)
    07 Ellsworth Moment.. 2016 transmission
    11 Genesis Croix de Fe (725)
    C20 Orrel 26" (531C)
    16 Dooooone (Calibre) Fatty
    07 Orbit 9531DB0
    WINNER 2011 WMB Gear of the Year..yes folks Mr Averages do win :D
  • Hi y'all.
    Am involved in project to set up/develope Wooler (North Northumberland) as a cycling hub..
    At a meeting one of the attendees mentioned he had used a free tool service in France..
    Apparently they (the French) have these posts with essential tools chained to them..for the free use of cyclists..
    Anyone know anything about them>
    Ta
    Conrad
    (There's mud aplenty in them thar hills)

I have to say after cycling for 8 years in this area, through The Alps and The Ardeche, I've never seen anything like this apart from one bike shop in Bedoin which used to have Allen keys and a pump outside the shop available to the public FOC.