close shave...

teticio
teticio Posts: 107
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
if you are hoping to read about a brush with death you'll be disappointed.

the moment i have been dreading finally happened today. you see, i'm the only one in my office of 6,500 that comes in on a bike so its just a matter of time before i get told that i can't be doing that. so just now the security guard saw me fiddling about with my bike and came over to ask if it was my parking space that i'd chained it up in. i explained that it was a colleague's and that he'd agreed to it. then he asked me about all the sweaty kit that i'd laid out to dry... i thought "this is it"...

just as well i kept my cool. it turned out that all he was concerned about was that someone might steal the kit (and that i'd then blame the security guards for not doing their job properly!). he said he'd been keeping on eye on it just in case...

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    teticio wrote:
    if you are hoping to read about a brush with death you'll be disappointed.

the moment i have been dreading finally happened today. you see, i'm the only one in my office of 6,500 that comes in on a bike so its just a matter of time before i get told that i can't be doing that. so just now the security guard saw me fiddling about with my bike and came over to ask if it was my parking space that i'd chained it up in. i explained that it was a colleague's and that he'd agreed to it. then he asked me about all the sweaty kit that i'd laid out to dry... i thought "this is it"...

just as well i kept my cool. it turned out that all he was concerned about was that someone might steal the kit (and that i'd then blame the security guards for not doing their job properly!). he said he'd been keeping on eye on it just in case...

LOL - what a classic! :)

Hope you didn't growl at the "segurata" too much! :twisted:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Excellent. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."