Giant man congratulates tiny Contador....

voxegam
voxegam Posts: 244
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Is it just me or does this picture look really weird.....is Contador really that small or Sanchez just huge?!? I mean I realise Bertie may be sitting on his top tube but still...

dv484891_600.jpg
Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
Planet-X (now winter-bike)

Comments

• Grimone
    Grimone Posts: 95
    He is a big lad, remember seeing him on Alpe D'huez at the 08 Tour, he was doing no handed in the bunch with 5k's to go and looked massive then!
    Don't rake up my mistakes, i know exactly what they are.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    HA that's a crazy pic, he does look massive; according to Wikipedia Sanchez is 6 ft 1.5inch tall and Contador is 5ft 9.5inch tall. So as you say, put the fact that Contador is sitting on the top tube and bingo... giant Sanchez!! Still agreed does look odd :lol:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    A salutary lesson in the dangers of doing too much HGH perhaps? :wink:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    A salutary lesson in the dangers of doing too much HGH perhaps? :wink:

make a good caption pic that one

Bertie to Luis ........".put it here bro for beating the Puerto rap" :wink:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Nah - Berty Baggins is a hobbit
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Not as bad as this one though:

1.jpg
  • Tim Farr
    Tim Farr Posts: 665
    Sanchez is slightly nearer the camera than Contador - so that's another factor. Apparently it's an old anglers trick - hold the fish out in front of you. I have a photo circa 1930 of my Grandad holding a salmon alongside his 9 year old daughter (my auntie) with a small trout. Grandad holds the salmon at arm's length, and my auntie has her fish close to her body. The effect - the salmon looks huge, the trout looks to be a sprat.
    T Farr