Chris Evans

2»

Comments

• hoolio
    hoolio Posts: 139
    Radio 4 has some classic moments, like the weather this morning:

blah blah blah, and there will be some rain....on exposed areas (background barely stifled snigger).
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I gave up on Radio 2 after Wogan retired, I am an offical old fart now listening to Radio 4 and reading the telegraph!

As for Sarah Kennedy, jesus that daft bint does my head in :evil:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Who is the boss?

Les Ross!
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    What are these Radios 1-3 of which you speak ?
    Do they play music on the wireless nowadays ?

All my radios are tuned permanently into Radio4. Unless the Archers comes on.

(I clearly turned into my Dad several years ago :oops: )

Some of the best comedy is on Radio 4.

I've trained my kids to turn the Archers off. And quite a few of their really lame quizzes.

I also get to work before "thought" for the day comes on. (I Tend to start about 7. It does mean that I know a surprising amount about farming issues, as have fifteen minutes of Farming today every morning.
  • MatHammond wrote:
    Radio 5 in the morning for me, except when I'm in the shower / getting a shave when I go for XFM.

XFM would suit me mighty fine if their presenters would stop talking and just play some decent music.

Chris Moyles is like the Daily Mail - it makes me angry just knowing they both exist and make lots of money. Last time I remember enjoying listening to him I was 11. Not all Radio 1 is bad though - the late night stuff is good, when I remember to tune in.

I wake up to Radio 4 - John Humphrys FTW.
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • NGale
    jimmypippa wrote:

I've trained my kids to turn the Archers off. And quite a few of their really lame quizzes.

I also get to work before "thought" for the day comes on. (I Tend to start about 7. It does mean that I know a surprising amount about farming issues, as have fifteen minutes of Farming today every morning.

I don't consider myself to be a fan of the Archers but I do listen to it on the way home fom work on a 7pm finish. There is also something very british about it and when I was in Canada on vacation the last time and I heard the archers theme tune on the world service I did get kind of home sick

Yep I listen to Farming Today while getting ready for work as well, but the thing that gets me the most is the shipping forecast at 6:30am, as a result while knowing not too much on sailing, I'm great in work when it comes to dealing with calls to beaches and boats because I know the tides and the shipping forcast, so usually the one working with the Coastguard, RN and RAF rescue :lol:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326

+ several million for me, too. (well, not the bit about your father. Obviously)

Except when Gardener's Question TIme comes on. Though now I'm officially old I find I no longer mind that as much. :roll:

And the Archers is fab, if I can I even listen to again the next day at 2pm. Maybe I should just get a life...
  • Coriander
    NGale wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

I don't consider myself to be a fan of the Archers but I do listen to it on the way home fom work on a 7pm finish. There is also something very british about it and when I was in Canada on vacation the last time and I heard the archers theme tune on the world service I did get kind of home sick

Yep I listen to Farming Today while getting ready for work as well, but the thing that gets me the most is the shipping forecast at 6:30am, as a result while knowing not too much on sailing, I'm great in work when it comes to dealing with calls to beaches and boats because I know the tides and the shipping forcast, so usually the one working with the Coastguard, RN and RAF rescue :lol:

You're either getting to work too early or too late, the Shipping Forecast is at 5.20am.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I listen to Evans in the morning. I think he was better on drivetime mind. The music was a bit more modern, I guessed he would avoid the newer stuff to keep the togs happy.
    Moyles is a talentless fool, he only gets the listeners he does because there is no competition outside London for his demographic audience.
    Sara Kennedy. Is it me or has she gone absolutely barking mad? She seems to be completely bewildered by life and says the strangest things. She reminds me of the mad cat lady from the simpsons. :lol:
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I listen to Evans in the morning. I think he was better on drivetime mind. The music was a bit more modern, I guessed he would avoid the newer stuff to keep the togs happy.
    Moyles is a talentless fool, he only gets the listeners he does because there is no competition outside London for his demographic audience.
    Sara Kennedy. Is it me or has she gone absolutely barking mad? She seems to be completely bewildered by life and says the strangest things. She reminds me of the mad cat lady from the simpsons. :lol:
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Listening to the radio has been a bit of a casualty of my move to cycling to work, even when I get home in the evening and could listen. Every now and then I hear Radcliffe and Maconie and try to remember to listen at home, but never do. I do listen to the Archers Omnibus on iPlayer at some point during the week though. My parents come from rural Ireland, it's nice to pretend to have some connection to the country.
  • NGale
    Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

You're either getting to work too early or too late, the Shipping Forecast is at 5.20am.

haha your right, confused myself with times, there, my alarm goes off at 4:45am, I get up at about 5:15 in time to listen to the shipping forcast. I'm usually in work by 6:30.

I've been ill the past couple of days with a migrane, my brain is addled, that's my excuse :lol:
  • Coriander
    NGale wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

haha your right, confused myself with times, there, my alarm goes off at 4:45am, I get up at about 5:15 in time to listen to the shipping forcast. I'm usually in work by 6:30.

I've been ill the past couple of days with a migrane, my brain is addled, that's my excuse :lol:

All dues to you for still functioning - my alarm going off at 4.45am for more than two days on the trot would render me incapable of speech, let alone coherent thought. :)
  • NGale
    Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

All dues to you for still functioning - my alarm going off at 4.45am for more than two days on the trot would render me incapable of speech, let alone coherent thought. :)

thankfully that's only twice a week for the day shifts, otherwise 7am wake up is more normal unless after a night shift in which case I'm off to bed then :lol:
  • Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

spent nearly 10 years starting work at 5am you do get used it.
  • spursn17
    spursn17 Posts: 284
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Anyone know what 6 music's like on a morning? Keep thinking I should get meself a bedside DAB radio, but haven't got round to it yet.

Absolutely brill if you like something a bit different from the mainstream crap.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    NGale wrote:

My radio wakes me up with the shipping forecast, and then I get up. Waking up half an hour before getting up at that time would be a killer. We have started flexitime at work, so I have managed to get rid of a lot of my morning dead time...

Actually, my father worked for the ministry of agriculture, and my brother deals with agri-environment schemes for the welsh assembly (he's an ecologist) so I *do* know a fair bit about farming...