Professional looking free image hosting sites

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
I want a more 'professional' looking photo hosting site (free) to get all my new build pictures up, at the moment I am using Flikr, but hate the layout, I saw one (can't remember where) that had a black background and looked really good.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    photobucket and imageshack?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Deviantart?

It's not what it sounds like, seems like a place for "real" photographers, more so than flickr and photobucket which are more like places for amateurs like me to host pics of stuff I'm selling!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    Deviantart?

It's not what it sounds like, seems like a place for "real" photographers, more so than flickr and photobucket which are more like places for amateurs like me to host pics of stuff I'm selling!

Cheers, shall check it out :)
  • bails87 wrote:
    Deviantart?

+1.
    deviant art is for arty farty photo types :lol:
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Deviantart?

+1.

That'll be me then ;)
  • nahh.. you;re just farty!
  • bails87
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Deviantart?

+1.

That'll be me then ;)

You're only after it for the 'artistic nudes' section!

:oops:
    MTB/CX

• Didn't know it had one of them :shock:

*goes off to 'double check'* :lol:
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Smugmug

Webshots
  • bails87
    Mr Giant Gorgonzola.... I hadn't been on DA for a while, I'm remembering now why it's better than flickr!

Mmmmmmmmmm.......
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:
    Mr Giant Gorgonzola.... I hadn't been on DA for a while, I'm remembering now why it's better than flickr!

Mmmmmmmmmm.......

Looks waaaay better, I am going to do some decent shots of the Marin/GT and trails/ride snaps etc and post em there!

You even get your own URL for your portfolio
  • You can view a slideshow in flickr with a black background. Looks pretty sleek. Haven't been using it recently though ad I can't remember if you can link directly too it.

It's horses for courses. Flickr's an awesome community for photographers. DeviantArt has a higher proportion of artists. Photobucket and imageshack for holding your snaps/putting on forums, etc...

I don't know many more.
  • +1 for picasa, quick editing and easy to upload.

Sometimes use tinypic for a quick one photo upload. Picture i hosted with them 3 years ago are still on-line.