Pemachno trail conditins

Excitable1
Excitable1 Posts: 15
edited February 2010 in Routes
Any one been out there recently ?

I'm thinking of heading out there this weekend as I'm assuming the knee deep snow has gone from the trail.

Has it not suffered as other trails have with fallen trees over loaded with snow ?

Comments

• Sorry don't know but a word of warning. Machno does not drain well. We went last November, it hadn't rained in the previous 48 hours and yet large sections especially across the tops on the extended loop were just like riding up a river

Enjoy
  • I did make it up there this weekend.

I got there Saturday morning to find a thin layer of snow !

You're right.... Wetmachno as usual, but this time most of the pudles had frozen with the ice braking under the weight of the bike (mostly). The first part of the down hill after the bowl on the first loop had to be done slowly but the rest of the down hill was as quick as normal (if you let it).

A small section of the second loop (the first down hill section after the long fire road) is closed whilst they farm some trees.

Overall It was a lot of fun (came down the bowl sideways at one point), so I did some of it twice !

Proceed with caution and prepare to get wet, but as always still one of the best trails in Wales.