downhills and jumps around the midlands area

lachojski
lachojski Posts: 11
edited January 2010 in Routes
me and a few mates are looking to go out riding for 2days with us camping out over night so we can ride two days on the trott.where is the best place to go around the midlands for this?we want somewhere with fast downhills with jumps and some nice tricky stuff.just generally going out to have a laugh and a nice couple of days out riding.ive been to cannock chase and thought that was really good.what suggestions have you got.needs to be within 100miles of nottignham.
many thanks

Comments

• Peak District is your best bet by far
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • where abouts in peak district?have you been to wharncliffe?just seen it on net.top sideof sheffield.
    cheers
  • Wharncliffe will be very wet this time of year and i wouldnt bother.

Get yourself out to Hathersage of Castleton and you are surrounded with some of the best DH routes in the country and great XC routes also.

Nice pubs around there too.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • sorry dint mention we going in may,1st bank hol.i will look into the place you mentioned.thanks for the help.its much appreciated.
  • Butters
    Butters Posts: 31
    big_tex_uk wrote:
    Wharncliffe will be very wet this time of year and i wouldnt bother.

Get yourself out to Hathersage of Castleton and you are surrounded with some of the best DH routes in the country and great XC routes also.

Nice pubs around there too.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread. Feel free to send me a reply via pm if you want to keep the thread clean.

How wet would Wharncliffe be? It's just I was hoping to go tomorrow for a bit of trail riding, and the weather has been dry the past week, apart from the occasional light drizzle..
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    There's some good stuff in and around Ludlow at e.g. Bringewood, High Vinnals, inc a national DH course (or there used to be - havent been in a while).

Some great pubs and food in that area too and very pretty.

Just about 100 miles!
  • Shatner
    Shatner Posts: 20
    Butters wrote:
    How wet would Wharncliffe be? It's just I was hoping to go tomorrow for a bit of trail riding, and the weather has been dry the past week, apart from the occasional light drizzle..

The xc trail is pretty much unrideable there at the minute after the shocking weather we've had recently, I wouldnt bother until the Spring now.