WTF?.....

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited January 2010 in The bottom bracket
What on Earth has brought this on?... :shock:

What a waste of resources.
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• Tom1990
    Tom1990 Posts: 20
    You know it makes sense!

Seriously though, Its a poor state of affairs when police are happy to take someone for court for blowing his nose, but don't prosecute drivers who knock cyclists off their bike.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Maybe but why not look at it the other way?

The guy driving was stopped before he could hit someone off their bike :wink:
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    Reminds me of the time I was given a parking ticket, about fifteen seconds after I had stopped, outside my own house, while I was still in the car. I was dropping my girlfriend off, the photo taken by the traffic warden shows her half-way out the passenger door! I also had statements from my girlfriend, my two housemates, my neighbour and my mates in the back.

That one went all the way to court. I turned up and the judge said 'This is a waste of everybody's time'. Then we all went home.

~~~~~~~

Slightly OT

Couple of years ago I got taken to court because the house I was renting didn't have a TV licence. The signed contract said the house would have a TV licence, the TV was owned by the landlord, and the TV officer's notes said that he had read the contract and it did indeed say that the TV licence was the landlord's responsibility, and it had his contact details.

That one went to court, too. I turned up and gave the judge a copy of the contract. He asked the TV licencing people 'Didn't you bother to read this?'. Then we all went home.

I got a day off work though, so I didn't mind.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Maybe but why not look at it the other way?

The guy driving was stopped before he could hit someone off their bike :wink:

His car was at a standstill, in neutral and the handbrake on :shock:

It still didn't stop dippy newsreader on the BBC ask him if he was in control of the car :roll:

Mind you, as that is the charge, the police don't look too bright either.
    Doubt it will ever get to court.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    It makes you wonder what tye of people are they employing as coppers
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    They have targets to meet. Expect more of this 'chance taxation' as the nation slides deeper into the mire...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Homer J wrote:
    It makes you wonder what tye of people are they employing as coppers

+1
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    He should have left blowing his nose while stationery and then sneezed whilst moving, closing his eyes in the process as that would have been far better! :shock:
  • Quite simple really, motorists are the easy target. Far easier for the Police to keep their targets up by nicking known people residing at proper addresses who are easily identified.

It's the rest that they have a problem with, try arresting a foreign national and see the paperwork pile they have to deal with. Human nature again, taking the route of least resistance. I can imagine that you wouldn't have to be a Policeman long before the futility of our society would get to you.....
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    We`ve only heard his side of the story, there may well be more to it.
    Smarter than the average bear.